Search the forum,

Discuss Noisy trvs? in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Can specific makes and types of trv be noisy. I ask as have recently installed some new rads using Pegler Mistral II, 2 of which both in the kitchen are noisy. I have another installed in the utility room next door and that is fine. The hiss is quite noticeable but the slightest of tweaks of closing the trv and it stops, to obviously start again when the room cools.
The old rads had some ancient Landis + Gyr trvs which never gave a problem. There are other rads with a selection of trvs dotted around the house but it is just these two causing the problem. The pump, Grundfoss Alpha, is on its lowest speed setting and still these two trvs are noisy. I might point out the two in the kitchen are are not connected to the same pipework until very near to the boiler output, ie not on same leg. I got these trvs as I plumped for the integral drain point on the lockshield valve, thinking they looked more aesthetically pleasing than separate drain points.

Are they on the flow eg flow into the trv ?

Reply to Noisy trvs? in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock