Search the forum,

Discuss Noisy Toilet in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

Kev63

Hi Guys,

Probably an easy fix with some expert knowledge but my toilet is being awfully noisy when it refills after a flush. I've tried Googling this issue but I can't find any toilets with my set up (where the water is coming out to fill the tank is different to all the toilets I've seen).

Tank in full:
image.jpg

Where water is coming out of:
image_1.jpg

Another angle:
image_2.jpg

Hopefully the images help. The little pipe is where the water free falls from to fill the tank up. I tried spinning this round whilst it was filling to change where the water falls and it seemed to stop the noise slightly (could just be due to my hand being on it stopping vibrations). Unfortunately when i was messing about with it the entire thing came off in my hand and water was spraying everywhere! I slotted it back on but now the water pressure every time i flush causes it to shoot off and nearly floods my bathroom. I've somehow managed to click it back on and it seems ok now so hopefully stays put. I must admit though it's not a tight fit like it used to be and casues water to leak at the connecting seams aswell as coming out the pipe. At least it's not all spraying upwards though!

Another way i can minus the noise if i mess about with the balloon if its filling up but i suspect this is just to me pulling it up manually so the toilet thinks its full therefore no noise.

Any quick fixes / help would be appreciated chaps and if you need any more pics just let me know. Thought i best get advice now before I nearly cause another flood.

you mite be able to get a plastic fall cover that go's over the end dont know the name of it how about changing the wc cistern in sides???

Yer, that's what mine is like dude, minus the loose condom for silencing. Water just freefalls. That noise isn't the issue though. As it's filling I have a really loud fog horn noise that seems to be coming from the same part also.

Any ideas? I found someone saying 'tighten the screw on the end of the balloon rod' but mine doesn't have one of them and beside the balloon isn't making the noise (However noise does stop when balloon signals the tank is full).

change it where are you based one of the guys mite be able to stop in on the way home

In St. Helens but strapped for cash at the moment as just moved into this place. Hence the DIY jobbie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Noisy Toilet in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock