Search the forum,

Discuss Noisy squealing cold water in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi. I need some help please. Our cold taps and toilets make a squealing noise. I've tweaked the stopcock (always had high pressure) and service ball type vale above and it's helped. It's only there a bit now and still when water shuts off from fluid master toilets (sqeeeeak as they shut off) do I need a new stopcock? Doesn't seem to shut off water that well anyway. Running out of ideas. Thanks (even thought about prv)

Doesn’t mean there’s not a problem now. Water pressure could be doing for your fittings if it’s crazy high

Reply to Noisy squealing cold water in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi All After having pooling water on my drive, I dug down around to find: Black pipe poly/plastic dug 450mm deep spraying water at mains pressure from small hole/crack The outside of pipe (measured with veneer caliper) at 23.5mm Pipe Runs under drive, along side of property and looks to go...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, Could someone please explain if this set up is normal and what changed: Stopcock under kitchen sink turns off cold water supply in kitchen only Stopcock in kitchen wall panel turns off cold water supply in kitchen only Red gate valve in airing cupboard next to bathroom turns off...
Replies
Views
Can anyone help me with an ongoing issue I've had since I had an annual service on my combi boiler, which is a Potterton Performa 24. Literally after they left I started experiencing yellow water (pale) from all my taps - hot and cold, including the toilet. This was intermittent and then...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have a PRV located in a heated plant room that is between a pair of stop cocks. It was installed to keep pressure under 3 Bar a couple of years ago but I have noticed an area of verdigris on the piece from the main body to the gauge. I wondered if this might be sign of a leak / trouble or...
Replies
Views
In our sealed Megalo system, when hot water tap is used (say in bathroom shower) the megaflo is taking in some fresh water, I guess to compensate for the water used. The incoming water go via a pressure relief valve [most likely its this one: Heatrae Sadia 8 Bar Pressure Relief Valve -...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock