Search the forum,

Discuss Noisy pipes - hissing not banging in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

fish

Hello!

Was wondering if anyone could shed some light on a problem I have?

I live in a basement flat of an old terraced house and the plumbing is quite noisy, it's not a banging of any sort, it's just a very loud hissing. Whenever the lady upstairs turns on her tap I can hear water flowing through the pipes, it's quite a loud 'schhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh' sound! It then stops quite abruptly with a slight thump when she turns off her taps.

I can vaguely hear it when I turn on my taps but it's much quieter, the water pipes are buried in the concrete floor in my flat though so it might be quieter beacuse of that. I know the sound insulation in the ceiling isn't good so the sound from her pipes may seem to me worse than normal.

The problems been going on for a couple of years not and is really starting to get to me!

I read somewhere that it could be due to high pressure? What, if anything can I do about it if it is high pressure?

Many thanks for any help you can offer!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Noisy pipes - hissing not banging in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Morning to any Australians lurking around! Register its free, then message me, I'll sort your account out for you. We will need a moderator from each main country too. I'll post this in the Australian forum now.
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock