• Welcome to PlumbersForums.net - The international free plumbing advice forum. Professional plumbers sharing advice with fellow plumbers and DIY alike. Register for free today! - Checkout the Plumbing Advice forum and then our Plumbing Videos area which still needs populating.

Discuss Noisy pipe issue needs solving in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

SM1559

I have noisy pipe issue. See attached photos.

When the water flows from the floor above into the straight down into the waste pipe, when it reaches the bottom of the bend, you can hear the noise. What is the best solution to stop this noise?
  1. Add more bends to the pipe and if so where is best to add the bend/s? See attached photos showing 3 possible options which we have drawn. Please advice.
  2. We will also box the pip, add sound Acoustic foam and put as many plaster boards possible once a best solution is found.
Please advise and refer to attached photos for info.

Thank you in advance.

Reply to Noisy pipe issue needs solving in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net