Search the forum,

Discuss Noisy megaflo pressure reducing valve in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

hello there,

I have a megaflo unvented system everything works fine apart from the prv valve shown on the pic.

Every time a tap opens or toilet flashed this prv makes noise.
Spoke to guy who fitted the system and he said dont have much to say other than replacing with e new one.

Just wondering if i do fit a new valve would it do the same?

Thanks

DFAC20D0-00DF-4C9D-AC7B-EC680A21FA0B.jpeg

You would need a G3 engineer to come in and assess it for you. You can’t touch unless you’re qualified

might be worth getting the guy to service the unvented cylinder as these need to be done every year same as your boiler

The most likely cause of the noise is the lack of annual service of the PRV. It's almost a dead cert you'll need to replace.

An UVC must be serviced every year for safety and insurance reasons and yours shows NO signs of ever having been touched. :eek:

The most likely cause of the noise is the lack of annual service of the PRV. It's almost a dead cert you'll need to replace.

An UVC must be serviced every year for safety and insurance reasons and yours shows NO signs of ever having been touched. :eek:
Hello Dave,

Thanks for your reply.

To be honest it was installed novembre last year so not really a year yet.

I shall get mr holloway (uvc installer) to replace it.

Have a good day.

Hello Dave,

Thanks for your reply.

To be honest it was installed novembre last year so not really a year yet.

I shall get mr holloway (uvc installer) to replace it.

Have a good day.

Sparkie.

Please tell me you're pulling my chain!

The only way that pipework would have developed that patina after 12 months is by being outside. That or it was 10 yrs old when installed second hand!

Forgive my cynicism. Why come on here if it's:
- still in warranty,
- you know who installed it and
- you are still in contact?

Call me old fashioned but...

Sparkie.

Please tell me you're pulling my chain!

The only way that pipework would have developed that patina after 12 months is by being outside. That or it was 10 yrs old when installed second hand!

Forgive my cynicism. Why come on here if it's:
- still in warranty,
- you know who installed it and
- you are still in contact?

Call me old fashioned but...

Its not outside its in the kitchen to be honest and not in cupboard still (no cupbord)also pipes are not lagged so during winter did sweat alot.

No it aint 10 years old also not second hand.

Some of you gents need to be a bit more understanding and not make an assumption 1st thing.

I actuall work for m and e company and wire all the heating system inc underfloor s y w plan you name.

The reason why i came is more for my own education why is the for making noise.

Ive spoken to mr g3 and said most likely its dirt inside and told me actually how it can be cleaned.

Thanks dave, i shall bear in mind not to ask anymore questions here.

Thank you

If that's 12 months, God only knows the environmental conditions in that cupboard. The least of his problems is going to be a noisy PRV as the floor will likely be rotten too :rolleyes:

Mmm you know a thing or 2 young man.

My floor downstairs is all wet underfloor heating 8 loops. Each loop is about 50 m long 16mm memory pipe and warms up in no time.

This forum is bit luke sparkie forum alot of keyboard master but meet them on site not one says a thing.

Im done thank you.

Sparkie. I am sorry. It wasnt my intention to offend you, just get some truth. Often on here people thing they can BS the instincts of 40 years.

Fact is, I still do not understand how that pipework can look. So aged witout high humidity levels or time.

Mr G3 is, lets call it 'remiss' in offering you advice on its cleaning. This is not all thats is required to warrant your ongoing safety. One also has to understand why so much debris is getting into it if it is debris.

Have fun.

Still under warranty with the guy who installed it so get him back

Reply to Noisy megaflo pressure reducing valve in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Fitted unvented hotwater cylinder building control looking forms signed it off job was in england i am qualified northern ireland send out a form to fill in what do u need to sign off in england as building control said they dont give out forms like they do in northern ireland
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock