Search the forum,

Discuss Noisy hot water pump and low hot water pressure in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi all,

I'm hoping you can help me with a couple of questions I have for my inlaws.

There house is 30 odd years old and the hot water pump is quite noisy go say the least. It appears easy enough to replace as isolation valves at top and bottom and two nuts to release the pump. My question is, what would be a suitable new pump to replace it with. The current pump is a grundfos UPS 18-60. Photo attached.

The second question, is about the hot water pressure. In short it's really low and having a shower here is painfully slow experience. Weve moved in for 3 months as moving home and our new one isn't ready so hence I'm trying to now sort all these things for them. Would the new pump sort this? Is it something else that can be easily diagnosed and remedied?

Thanks in advance everyone.

Pete

Attachments

• 16108730568492312605115388459975.jpg
    16108730568492312605115388459975.jpg
    246.3 KB · Views: 6
That is your central heating pump and if is ancient! I would say it won’t necessarily be easy to replace as I expect the valves will fail and then require draining to replace. To get a replacement pump you need to measure the distance between valves, probably 130mm, - although if the valves fail this is less important as draining would make it easy to alter.

A new pump here will not affect the hot water.
I presume you have a gravity system, in which case a shower pump is what you will need.

Bear in mind the effectiveness and longevity of the shower pump is greatly impacted by the method of installation, ie it needs to be done properly.

Reply to Noisy hot water pump and low hot water pressure in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, My current hot water system needs to be replaced. Anyone got any suggestions or can recommend any plumbers around Derrimut area that won't rip me off? An office guy recommended me to apply for government rebates and get it installed through timetosave.com.au. How reliable is this...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock