Search the forum,

Discuss Noise from boiler HW only in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi there,

Boiler is making strange rumbling noise when HW only. Doesn't make the noise with CH only or CH + HW on. Is a Y plan system. Have checked the magnacleanse/filter and all is clear. Boiler has been recently serviced and burner gasket was replaced but I'm assuming that doesn't wouldn't cause this.

Video attached (may need to turn volume up!). Noise happens every few minutes, turning the boiler temp up or down doesn't make any difference.

Any suggestions appreciated, thanks!

Last edited:
Can't hear anything on your video.
If it is a Y plan system there won't be any difference between heating and hot water operation within the boiler. Could you be hearing anything in the system eg near the HW cylinder?
But if the sound started after the service you need to phone the engineer ...

Can't hear anything on your video.
If it is a Y plan system there won't be any difference between heating and hot water operation within the boiler. Could you be hearing anything in the system eg near the HW cylinder?
But if the sound started after the service you need to phone the engineer ...
Thanks for your reply. The noise is right at the beginning and then again at 20 seconds. Engineer has been back and suggested it's normal. Will see if it goes away by itself and then maybe get a second opinion.

Seems only does it when on HW only and up to temp, very odd.

Thanks again.

Reply to Noise from boiler HW only in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi All, Hope somebody can help :) I have a vented HW system with a pressurised Ch system but got bit of a annoying issue, when the hot water comes on all seems ok then after about 15/20 mins i started to hear a trickling noise from hw cylinder which i can also hear in the boiler. The central...
Replies
Views
Desperate for some help! Be a life saver of someone can help as suffer from a high intolerance to noise. Moved into new house 1940s (copper pipes) and having serious issues with banging pipes only when central heating is on. Not when running taps We have a wall in living room that has stop tap...
Replies
Views
Our boiler has started making a noise on start up and when it kicks in and out engineer says it’s an ignition coil bracket and nothing to worry about but it sometimes gets worse and it went on for few seconds todays (5) like it was stuck and then freed itself and might have been coincidence but...
Replies
Views
We have this boiler installed and it's started to give issues. The service was done and passed ok. But only as there was no noise for the guy to hear. Radiators are fine. When hot water is being used it generally seems OK, but sometimes there's a large rumble noise 10-15 secs then it stops. I...
Replies
Views
Hi I'm dealing with Vaillant Ecotec 824 R1 in one flat. The boiler make a very loud noise when central heating is on - this is random and occurs mostly at night. I'm sharing video showing the problem: So far we changed: 1. Expansion vessel 2. Pump 3. Water pressure gauge - analogue sensor...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock