Search the forum,

Discuss Noise - boiler cutting before reaching temp in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Danm

Hi all.

first post here and not an expert so some of what I describe may not be termed totally accurate but hopefully will give the info so I can pick your collective experts brains on a number of issues which I think could be related...

i have a conventional system. Main 24kw HE boiler, Drayton wireless thermostat/programmer. All rads apart from 2 have trvs.... Hot water cylinder and pump in airing cupboard... Been here for 18 months, boiler is around 2 years old. The pump needed replacing when we moved in and I have had new rads fitted...

- system has always been 'noisy'. I have been able to hear what I can only describe as 'running' or 'gurgling' water in the boiler. I thought that the system would be sealed, so assuming no air meant that I would not be able to hear the water moving about the system so much.

- over the last couple of weeks, each time the boiler has stopped, there has been a 'clunk' from the pump as it has cut out.

- notice over the last few days that even where the thermostat temperature has not been reached, the boiler is stoping, come on 5 minutes later for a minute or so, then goes off again

any pointers you helpful kinds could provide would be very much appreciated.

Dan

you need to get a heating technician in to check the system over as to why its full of air, leading to boiler overheating and short cycling. then they can fix the issues for you.

Thought my boiler was kaput a couple of days ago. Drayton programmer like yours and the boiler was acting like it was locking out- put some new batteries in the programmer and now it's all good.
Worth a try.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Noise - boiler cutting before reaching temp in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I recently had a new 2023 Vaillant ecoTec plus 630 (30kW) system boiler installed along with a Low Loss Header (LLH) in my house. I have 21 rads in the house and a room with UFH. The LLH was introduced as I was finding (before the LLH was fitted) that my old boiler (Vaillant heat-only boiler)...
Replies
Views
I have a Vaillant ecofit pure, we had it installed about 6 years ago so it's not an old boiler, a new pump was also fitted at the same time. Anyway, I have the hot water set to come on the morning but the last couple of days I've noticed after around 10mins it's cuts out, then after s couple of...
Replies
Views
Hello, I live in a two floor semi with a gravity fed conventional gas fired boiler (Potterton Kingfisher MF). The boiler is fed cold water from the loft water reservoir tank (which also feeds the cold water taps in the bathroom & the WC cistern). There is an expansion vessel attached to this...
Replies
Views
Hi All, Hope somebody can help :) I have a vented HW system with a pressurised Ch system but got bit of a annoying issue, when the hot water comes on all seems ok then after about 15/20 mins i started to hear a trickling noise from hw cylinder which i can also hear in the boiler. The central...
Replies
Views
It was fitted with the boiler a Potterton Suprima 30L about 21 years ago. Two PCB's later and a new fan the boiler is working perfectly. However, the programmer display is not showing any digits for the clock or anything else so I am unable to program it. It still works the boiler manually...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock