Search the forum,

Discuss No Water in the House. Plumber gone AWOL in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi, hope someone can help. A few days ago I noticed that the hot water was not as hot as usual and the overflow pipe outside was pouring out water like someone had put the tap on. This was more or less continuous for the duration that the hot water was switched on.

Had a plumber who came out that evening and after some diagnose said that 2 parts need to be changed and told me to get the parts (which I ordered) and to let him know once I have them. He also turned off the water as he said it’s not safe to leave it on. So the only running water I currently have is cold water in the kitchen sink.

He said 99% that the Inlet Control Multibloc Valve is faulty and to also change the Pressure and Temperature Relief Valve.

Now it looks like the plumber has gone AWOL and I’m unable to get hold of him!!!

Before I get someone else in, can anyone knowledgeable confirm if the advice he has given me is correct, in that both parts need to be changed to resolve my problem? Thank you.

Needs an unvented (g3 qualified) person to have a look

This can’t be diagnosed from photos and description, also it’s also forum rules and the law that anyone working and unvented cylinders be suitably qualified, so as per Shaun, this is G3 registered (certainly in England and Wales). Therefore we cannot confirm if these are the parts required.

Thank you all. Got a G3 qualified engineer coming around tomorrow morning.

When I spoke to him on the phone and explained the problem (and told him I have the two parts) he said he thinks it could be the thermostat on the cylinder that's gone. Will know for sure once he has seen it.

When I spoke to him on the phone and explained the problem (and told him I have the two parts) he said he thinks it could be the thermostat on the cylinder that's gone. Will know for sure once he has seen it.

Er , I doubt that but lets hope he knows what hes doing .

What you can do is insulate the pipework around the cylinder. Should have been done when installed.

For your safety and that of others, please do have this system serviced once a year by a qualified professional as the guys above explain.

I am more than a bit scared how many people may have ducked on having these systems serviced due to COVID. So I urge people to get the windows open, get out the way to protect everybody, and get a suitably qualified professional in.

Aside: Old fashioned Vented can also be dangerous if neglected and/or badly designed.

Good luck.

Cheers,

Roy

Had a G3 reg plumber come round yesterday and he replaced both parts that I had purchased (he said the pressure and temperature relief valve appears to be okay but changed it anyway as I had bought the part). He also serviced my unvented cylinder & my boiler (valiant).

What temperature should the aquastat thermostat on the cylinder be set at?

Reply to No Water in the House. Plumber gone AWOL in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock