Search the forum,

Discuss No water from HW taps after refilling Megaflo in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi

issue: No water from hot taps being fed from megaflo.

Was having HW pressure issues, obvious from no flow in attic but very low flow on ground floor, so decided to drain and recharge megaflo.

After draining megaflo from drain cock (as on ground floor),with lower tap open and odd t&p valve to release presssure I believe I emptied tank. I then opened furthest hot tap from cylinder (attic) and opened mains again, expecting to refil cylinder.

no water from hot taps across house, cold water supply fine. Air noise from HW taps now and then but then they stop.

Cold water pressure great, strainer clear, no issue prior to emptying system to fit replacement non return valves on middle floor, where I drained it water below that level.

Any ideas how to get water running again from hw taps?

many thanks

Draining and re-charging a Megaflo won’t improve flow rate...it’ll only re-establish the air gap in the the event that water is dripping into the tundish (overflow) during hot water heating cycle.

What is most likely is that the pressure reducing valve is either blocked at the filter or failed. If you have a pressure gauge fitted check that the pressure is round about 3bar static and when a tap is turned on maybe drops to 2.5. If it drops down really low then its either the filter or the valve . You can check the filter by removing the cartridge..if its clear then change the cartridge.

Draining and re-charging a Megaflo won’t improve flow rate...it’ll only re-establish the air gap in the the event that water is dripping into the tundish (overflow) during hot water heating cycle.

What is most likely is that the pressure reducing valve is either blocked at the filter or failed. If you have a pressure gauge fitted check that the pressure is round about 3bar static and when a tap is turned on maybe drops to 2.5. If it drops down really low then its either the filter or the valve . You can check the filter by removing the cartridge..if its clear then change the cartridge.
Thanks for the guidance, much appreciated.

Plumber confirmed blockage at 8bar PRV, looks like cap/part of 3bar PRV? Cleared and then system filled as expected.

Cheers

Reply to No water from HW taps after refilling Megaflo in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock