Search the forum,

Discuss No switched live to boiler when hot water tank thermostat demands heat + CH staying on. in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi folks. I have a couple of issues, any help advice much appreciated.
1. When my hot water tank thermostat demands hot water (wired into Honeywell wiring centre), I do not get a switched live to the boiler. I get 69 volts ac for both on and off wires from the tank stat. I have fitted a new tank stat, same results.
2. When my heating comes on, it stays on. ie the spring on the Y plan motorised mid position valve stays open. I have to turn the power off and then back on in order for the spring to recede and stay there (once CH temperature is satisfied).

1. Have you checked the voltages from programmer to wiring centre and cylinder stat? You should have 230volts on grey wire when HW is off or cylinder stat satisfied and 230 volts to cylinder stat common when in HW mode.
2. What you're describing is how the mid position valves work, it holds the last port of call

Hi folks. I have a couple of issues, any help advice much appreciated.
1. When my hot water tank thermostat demands hot water (wired into Honeywell wiring centre), I do not get a switched live to the boiler. I get 69 volts ac for both on and off wires from the tank stat. I have fitted a new tank stat, same results.
2. When my heating comes on, it stays on. ie the spring on the Y plan motorised mid position valve stays open. I have to turn the power off and then back on in order for the spring to recede and stay there (once CH temperature is satisfied).

These may be of assistance.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F5m8f6HN2Us

The 69 volts is normal . It’s a back voltage from the 3 port when both HW and Heating are on

my guess is you have a wiring problem.
Heating off HW on
trace voltages from programmer, in to stat, out of stat, and common (3 wires needed)
Connection 1 (demand)from stat should give 240 on orange.
Test schedule
hW on heating off

240 orange from cyl stat(demand)
Turn cyl stat off
240 Volts Grey wire from stat (no demand)
Turn programmer heating off cyl on same result
Heating on HW off
240 V grey 240V white
Both on
3 port mid
240 v orange 240 V 69v Grey

Hope this helps

The 69 volts is normal . It’s a back voltage from the 3 port when both HW and Heating are on

my guess is you have a wiring problem.
Heating off HW on
trace voltages from programmer, in to stat, out of stat, and common (3 wires needed)
Connection 1 (demand)from stat should give 240 on orange.
Test schedule
hW on heating off

240 orange from cyl stat(demand)
Turn cyl stat off
240 Volts Grey wire from stat (no demand)
Turn programmer heating off cyl on same result
Heating on HW off
240 V grey 240V white
Both on
3 port mid
240 v orange 240 V 69v Grey

Hope this helps
Thanks Ziggie. It was the Honeywell wiring panel. It was one with a circuit board and some cut links. I binned it and replaced with a length of screw in electrical connectors. It’s worked perfectly ever since.

Reply to No switched live to boiler when hot water tank thermostat demands heat + CH staying on. in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer warming up. The heat exchanger has been changed 6 months ago, so I do not believe it is that. Does anyone have any ideas on what it could be? Thanks
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
I have an ideal vogue max S18 boiler and I’m considering fitting auto balancing TRVs, my question relates to the boilers pump. I see a boiler pump menu for either 70% or 100%, so, is the pump set at either one of two fixed speed percentages or does the pump actually vary speed, (modulate)...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock