Search the forum,

Discuss No room for flexi Bath tap connectors in the DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Which connectors should I use?

• Flexi

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters
Could someone please help me out I've recently split with my ex who taught me afew diy bits.
But I'm stuck. I've drilled the holes for the bath taps. Was told I should use full bore isolators.
but there isnt not enough room left to connect a 300mm flexi tap connector without them being to bent or curled.
What connectors would you best advice from the water supply here to the bath taps please?
Any help would be appreciated
TIA
20210316_142009.jpg

Ideally you want to avoid flexible hoses.

If you really want to use a flexible hose you could turn the elbows to give you more space for a hose.

You don't need tape on the threads. Its the olive squashed against the pipe that provides the water tight seal.

Ideally you want to avoid flexible hoses.

If you really want to use a flexible hose you could turn the elbows to give you more space for a hose.

You don't need tape on the threads. Its the olive squashed against the pipe that provides the water tight seal.

Thanks for your reply and the advice appreciate it.

Would a plastic pipe or bent copper pipe be better?

Get rid of the isolation valves and just use the flexis off the isolation valve nut and olives

don’t forget to turn off your supplies before you undo them

Hi Tired and Hungry/Sarah Cross,

Copper is nearly always better if you are good at pulling offsets and have the tools to bend it, but plastic would here have an advantage in that it would accommodate the slight misalinement and be easy to install. Done properly, either is better than a flexi.

Reply to No room for flexi Bath tap connectors in the DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock