• Welcome to PlumbersForums.net - The international plumbing advice forum. Professional plumbers sharing advice with fellow plumbers and DIY alike. Register for free today!

Discuss NO I AM NOT AN UNDERFLOOR HEATING EXPERT! in the Water Underfloor Heating Installations area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chalked

Plumber
GSR
Reaction score
I would bet the underfloor return is teed into the heating return. Then teed into the main return.
I should have a dedicated flow and return from the mains.
And so should all other zones too

OP
Harvest Fields

Harvest Fields

S. Mod
Plumber
GSR
Reaction score
When the underfloor comes on does the flow or return get hot first
Need to go back and check as it was late and left the owner to test. But have fitted non return on all returns as the are all exposed in the loft. So doubt it is the returns getting hot.

ShaunCorbs

S. Mod
Plumber
GSR
Reaction score
Need to go back and check as it was late and left the owner to test. But have fitted non return on all returns as the are all exposed in the loft. So doubt it is the returns getting hot.
Unless the rads are on the manifold it's got to be coming through the return

OP
Harvest Fields

Harvest Fields

S. Mod
Plumber
GSR
Reaction score
That's is exactly what I am thinking. But I cannot see where. I will go back and check however all three returns are all on the pipework back to the boiler in the loft next to the cylinder

Stigster

Plumber
Reaction score
Cheers mate. I get the concept. Just don't get why it's doing it now. When it has not for the last 6 years. The owner has not had any work done either.
That was for Matchless because he asked how reverse circulation works so I just put up a quick post to the diagram. I hope you find what's going on with your problem, it's a bit baffling for sure.

OP
Harvest Fields

Harvest Fields

S. Mod
Plumber
GSR
Reaction score
That was for Matchless because he asked how reverse circulation works so I just put up a quick post to the diagram. I hope you find what's going on with your problem, it's a bit baffling for sure.
No worries my post sounded harsh but was not meant in that was either

GH77

GSR
Reaction score
Do you have access to Thermal imaging? . I've got a FLIR that plugs into the bottom of my phone, use it on UFH all the time, will show you where and how the heat is moving around, if you let the system all go cold then return the next day hopefully that will shed some light on the problem

OP
Harvest Fields

Harvest Fields

S. Mod
Plumber
GSR
Reaction score
No, but I may have to invest in a camera? There another expense?:(

O

Old Account

Do you have access to Thermal imaging? . I've got a FLIR that plugs into the bottom of my phone, use it on UFH all the time, will show you where and how the heat is moving around, if you let the system all go cold then return the next day hopefully that will shed some light on the problem
What model of flir have your got if you don't mind me asking

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum Sponsors

Corgi - Plumbing Supplies for Professional Plumbers - Plumb Advice

Plumbase - Plumbing Parts for Plumbers - Plumbers Advice

Power Shower Booster for Power Showers - Plumbing Advice

Underflor Heating Systems by uHeat - Plumbing Advice

Wetroom Supplies by Wetroom Store

Nicobond - Wetroom and Tiling Supplies - Plumbers Installation Advice

Corgi - Plumbing Supplies for Professional Plumbers - Advice for Plumbers

Do you have a DAB radio for work?