Search the forum,

Discuss No hot water to kitchen tap only or central heating in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi, I require some advice on two issues.

I have a Worcester 24cdi combi boiler, my kitchen mixer tap only gets hot water when I turn central heating on. The toilet hot water works without needing to turn central heating on. I recently increased the boiler pressure from below 1 to 1.5, could this be linked to issue?

The central heating in my middle room is not getting hot at all, the water pipes to this heater are not hot either, what could be the issue?

Thanks in advance

Abs

No the problem will Be the water flow switch the kitchen tap is not enough to make the switch. You need someone qualified to work on boiler it’s an easy fix

does the kitchen tap have a glow straightener on the spout? These can collect debris and reduce the flow so that the hot water will not trigger the boiler, remove the mesh, clean and replace.
The other issue could well be a stuck pin on a trv.

does the kitchen tap have a glow straightener on the spout? These can collect debris and reduce the flow so that the hot water will not trigger the boiler, remove the mesh, clean and replace.
The other issue could well be a stuck pin on a trv.
Could this still be the issue even if the water is coming out at normal flow but just cold?

You said the hot water worked elsewhere, that’s why I suspect the strainer on the kitchen tap.
It’s feasible but have seen quite a lot of times where the flow from kitchen tap is not as much as the bathroom taps. So the diverter switch doesn’t quite make but it’s enough to allow some flow when heating is on, hence hot water when that scenario

I agree, just so simple to clean the flow straightener and on four occasions I have found this to be all that was required to “fix the boiler”!!

Reply to No hot water to kitchen tap only or central heating in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock