Search the forum,

Discuss No hot water - help needed in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi everybody

I live on my own and my parents are away so in desperate need of some help!!

I have a Vaillant Eco Tec Pro boiler. On return from holiday a few days ago, my heating wouldn’t come on and the hot water was luke warm. I noticed the water pressure had dropped to nil and the thermostat batteries had gone flat. After sorting out the water pressure and changing the batteries in the thermostat the boiler seemed back to normal. My heating now works perfectly. However I noticed I now have 0 hot water. When I turn the hot water rap on, nothing comes out. Also, when the heating is turned on the water pressure sky rockets off the scales but drops soon as I turn the heating off. When pressing the “i” on the boiler I notice it says error code S31 which means the thermostat is blocking heat. I have already changed the batteries and i’m not sure what other options to try. I have reset the boiler many times, nothing is changing. I urgently need hot water for showers/washes and am struggling - can anybody help?!

All valves open below the boiler as it sounds like you might of shut something off to top up the pressure by accidentally

All valves open below the boiler as it sounds like you might of shut something off to top up the pressure by accidentally
Hi, perhaps I have. I have take
Perhaps I have yes?! I’ve attached a picture as no idea how to know if ones open

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    805.6 KB · Views: 25
This valve looks shut

Should be a 1/4 turn

Attachments

• BCDE684D-1A09-4C82-9B39-A4579957269C.jpeg
    BCDE684D-1A09-4C82-9B39-A4579957269C.jpeg
    105.4 KB · Views: 25
This valve looks shut

Should be a 1/4 turn
Thank you so much I now have hot water!!! Unfortunately now my heating isn’t working. The boiler / heating turns on for a bit then switches off. The thermostat under the boiler now shows 0 lights (it has no batteries for me to change) and the code S30 (thermostat blocking heat) is showing again - attached pics for reference

Attachments

• C5722422-11F2-4005-B488-ABFC06EEB524.jpeg
    C5722422-11F2-4005-B488-ABFC06EEB524.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 17
  • 92CCFA31-1627-4865-9365-F70027BFC9F8.jpeg
    92CCFA31-1627-4865-9365-F70027BFC9F8.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 13
Do you have heating if you press button 2 eg override

You may have to re bind the room thermostat to the receiver

Best option is to google the instructions

As s30 is no demand

Did you sort your problem out?

Reply to No hot water - help needed in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock