Search the forum,

Discuss no hot water from multi fuel stove in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

I have a multi fuel stove with back boiler and the water is not getting hot, it has never done this before, it is a single pipe system and all the radiators are getting hot and have been bled, I have also checked the ballcock which is ok
The water generally takes a short while to heat up with the radiators taking a little longer, any ideas what it may be.

Any alterations to copper cylinder or pipework recently - like new cylinder?
System could be going out of water & primary flow (to heat cylinder) often is highest point of stove pipes.
Or the primary flow or return have been somehow had their proper rise & fall changed, - such as a weight put on top of a pipe. Have seen this in an attic happen. Hot water needs to rise and pipes running wrong way will prevent that and also possibly cause air locks. Some cylinders have coils that are unsuitable for gravity circulation

Any valves that may be shut, either manual or motorised?

I think we're all assuming the cylinder coil will be always heated and without valves because it's a backboiler system, but perhaps we shouldn't make that assumption.

Did you manage to fix your problem?

Reply to no hot water from multi fuel stove in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock