Search the forum,

Discuss No hot water combi in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Baxi main eco elite. Call for hot water , no fire up.
I have a service contract but as the fault is erratic and may not be evident when an engineer calls, he will not touch it while it's working, and I will have to pay £95 excess regardless.
No fault code as yet.
Can anyone help as to what could be the cause?

Baxi main eco elite. Call for hot water , no fire up.
I have a service contract but as the fault is erratic and may not be evident when an engineer calls, he will not touch it while it's working, and I will have to pay £95 excess regardless.
No fault code as yet.
Can anyone help as to what could be the cause?

Cancel your policy then if you cant call them out when you have an issue.

Check you have pressure in heating system and make sure you have a good flow rate through your taps apart from that you need someone to look at your boiler.

Thanks guys, pressure and flow rate same as ever , I'll have to pay a heavy penalty for cancelling the contract so I'll keep it for now. They'll send someone if it packs in altogether, intermittent doesn't count apparently and as there has been no fault code yet Ill have to wait for the inevitable.
I've done the play hell bit and more besides.
I'll have to find someone in the meantime but would like to have some kind of heads up as to what could be the cause, what part etc before he/she baffles me with their superior knowledge.
Someone suggested thermostat, diverter valve? Idk
[automerge]1565980601[/automerge]
Is the pressure gauge needle pointing to the green?
Just above at the moment

Last edited:
Thanks guys, pressure and flow rate same as ever , I'll have to pay a heavy penalty for cancelling the contract so I'll keep it for now. They'll send someone if it packs in altogether, intermittent doesn't count apparently and as there has been no fault code yet Ill have to wait for the inevitable.
I've done the play hell bit and more besides.
I'll have to find someone in the meantime but would like to have some kind of heads up as to what could be the cause, what part etc before he/she baffles me with their superior knowledge.
Someone suggested thermostat, diverter valve? Idk
[automerge]1565980601[/automerge]

Just above at the moment

It could be a number of things and really difficult to advise without doing tests on it.

I would check your paperwork and see in the terms etc I have never known a policy not include intermittent faults. I would speak to citizens advice.

I would them learn from this and employ a local engineer who wont try and get out of the work.

It could be a number of things and really difficult to advise without doing tests on it.

I would check your paperwork and see in the terms etc I have never known a policy not include intermittent faults. I would speak to citizens advice.

I would them learn from this and employ a local engineer who wont try and get out of the work.
They were quite adamant and as is it called emergency cover and until it fails completely it isn't an emergency I can understand their argument , although it doesn't help my problem although I will look further into it.
Would too much boiler pressure cause a problem?
It's on 2 bar at the moment.
I have also noticed a kind of deep groaning noise when it fires, as though it's taking a lot of effort, if this helps.

Reply to No hot water combi in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock