Search the forum,

Discuss No hot water but radiators working and very hot in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Previously had a problem with noisy pipes and the forum suggested replacing the three way valve which has now been done. Before doing that the noise had stopped though the hot water was very hot and turning the boiler thermostat down didn't make much difference. As mentioned the new three way valve is in place now the radiators are very hot and the hot water isn't. Also one radiator at top of stairs remains cold. Boiler is Worcester Bosch less than 5 years old and a new hot water tank was fitted just before lock down. Any ideas??

John

its probably still related to your 3 port have you wired it correctly also did you get the right 3 port,

could be airlock if you drained down system. rad at top of stairs either needs bleeding or your TRV is stuck off

Turn on heating at controller and turn up room thermostat, turn off water on controller.

If heat only goes to the hot tank - your port and / or wiring are wrong

Last edited:
Thanks for that I switched the hot water off (it was left on all the time as it was thought there might be a blockage in one of the pipes) as it was making a bubbling/gurgling noise and the central heating header pipe overflowed and i took out about 3 or 4 litres. Same happened later in the day when the hot water and central heating came on and ran its normal cycle. Although it overflowed as I emptied some of the water from the tank the water level dropped and the ballcock opened and let in some more water????
John

Previously had a problem with noisy pipes and the forum suggested replacing the three way valve which has now been done. Before doing that the noise had stopped though the hot water was very hot and turning the boiler thermostat down didn't make much difference. As mentioned the new three way valve is in place now the radiators are very hot and the hot water isn't. Also one radiator at top of stairs remains cold. Boiler is Worcester Bosch less than 5 years old and a new hot water tank was fitted just before lock down. Any ideas??

John
air lock

Reply to No hot water but radiators working and very hot in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock