Search the forum,

Discuss No hot water but radiators working and very hot in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Previously had a problem with noisy pipes and the forum suggested replacing the three way valve which has now been done. Before doing that the noise had stopped though the hot water was very hot and turning the boiler thermostat down didn't make much difference. As mentioned the new three way valve is in place now the radiators are very hot and the hot water isn't. Also one radiator at top of stairs remains cold. Boiler is Worcester Bosch less than 5 years old and a new hot water tank was fitted just before lock down. Any ideas??

John

its probably still related to your 3 port have you wired it correctly also did you get the right 3 port,

could be airlock if you drained down system. rad at top of stairs either needs bleeding or your TRV is stuck off

Turn on heating at controller and turn up room thermostat, turn off water on controller.

If heat only goes to the hot tank - your port and / or wiring are wrong

Last edited:
Thanks for that I switched the hot water off (it was left on all the time as it was thought there might be a blockage in one of the pipes) as it was making a bubbling/gurgling noise and the central heating header pipe overflowed and i took out about 3 or 4 litres. Same happened later in the day when the hot water and central heating came on and ran its normal cycle. Although it overflowed as I emptied some of the water from the tank the water level dropped and the ballcock opened and let in some more water????
John

Previously had a problem with noisy pipes and the forum suggested replacing the three way valve which has now been done. Before doing that the noise had stopped though the hot water was very hot and turning the boiler thermostat down didn't make much difference. As mentioned the new three way valve is in place now the radiators are very hot and the hot water isn't. Also one radiator at top of stairs remains cold. Boiler is Worcester Bosch less than 5 years old and a new hot water tank was fitted just before lock down. Any ideas??

John
air lock

Reply to No hot water but radiators working and very hot in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Looking for any ideas to help. I've a Heatrae Sadia Hot Water tank, heated through Oil fired boiler (working fine). A week ago I reset the air gap as I was having dripping from the pressure relief valve. Since then I've lost a lot of pressure from the hot water feed to my shower. The rest of...
Replies
Views
M
Hello, We’ve recently moved into a fairly old, fairly big detached house (i.e. fairly draughty, but not too bad by any means) with a fairly new well maintained Worcester combi boiler. We weren’t convinced the heating was working right and then got hit with a £610 energy bill for the first 6...
Replies
Views
MartinPod81
M
Hoping someone can please help. I have an intermittent fault with my electric hot water. I have an older style electric hot water service that heats on controlled load over night. The large tank is in roof space of 60s built villa unit. Every few mornings, no hot water will come out of...
Replies
Views
I recently installed new hot and cold feeds to a new downstairs cloakroom. After refilling the system the hot taps were all dribbling, spluttering and showing signs of an air lock. I attached cold mains to a hot tap and left it running for 15 minutes, while opening up each hot tap. They all...
Replies
Views
Hi all Hope you can help We have a Gloworm Ultracom 38CXI combi boiler. During the Summer the taps and mixer shower run hot water consistently hot for as long as need be, but now during the Winter when the radiators are on the taps and mixer shower will run hot for only a few minutes and...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock