Search the forum,

Discuss no heat in rads upstairs and downstairs in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Mokers

Hi my oil heating system was working intermittently so I got a plumber to service the boiler. It worked fine twice since the service but now it is not heating any of the radiators - the water is hot and the tank is warm but no heat in rads - burner only comes on when thermostat is turned up - can you anyone advise?
many thanks
M

Check pump is working.
Room stat callilng for heat.
Motorised valve opens.
Frost stat?
Just throwing some ideas bud.

cheers mate - will try anything at the minuye - its freezing lol
many thannks

When you say "burner only comes on when thermostat is turned up"
are you refering to the boiler stat or room stat?

If your talking about the room stat, and boiler fires and gives you hot water, I would look at the motorised valve or valves.
Have you got a three port valve or two?

If you have gravity fed hot water, and this works when you have turned the room stat up, this would point the finger at the pump.

Hope this helps and not to confuseing

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to no heat in rads upstairs and downstairs in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

D
Hi. Turned my heating on for the 1st time today, i bled every radiator as haven't done it since last winter. upstairs worked fine but an hour or 2 later I noticed downstairs was still cold. I looked for some advice online and turned the trv's off and locksheilds for the upstairs only and...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have 3 port value for HW & CH. Loft extension added many years ago so they added a T to go upstairs, only 2 rads up but 11 downstairs covering at leave twice the floor area As per diagram has free flow Up or Down, no way to balance. Works pretty well but last few Rads (in kitchen) are...
Replies
Views
I have had a problem where 2 downstair radiators are not heating up the same as the rest of the radiators around the house, now previously i had an electric boiler which heated all the radiators just fine, but around a few years ago i had a gas one fitted and the radiators in the living and...
Replies
Views
Hi All, In Dec 2023 I had my annual boiler service and asked the plumber to change 2 radiator valves as the radiator in the toilet downstairs was not working. He changed both valves and still the radiator was not working. He put some chemicals in and said it should break up anything that is...
Replies
Views
Hi - I'm a reasonably experienced DIY plumber but just can't work out why the last new rad I've installed is cold - would really appreciate your help please. I've extended an existing 'run' of radiators - the last one on the run ( in downstairs kitchen) is cold. The first rad added is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock