Search the forum,

Discuss no flow through boiler in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

C

C Jackson

two storey house with vented system and baxi boiler. Have had the BAXI engineers to fix a slight leak on boiler but when they tried to fill the boiler there was no flow . They think that the cold water feed is perhaps blocked with sludge although this enters the 22mm return flow just after the 22mm pipe vent rises to the loft . The 13mm cold feed is vertical from the feed tank and only horizontal for 40mm when it enters the return flow pipe at first floor level. The 22mm vent pipe then continues up to the tank with an open vent. I fail to see how the sludge could block the 13 mm feed pipe when it is only horizontal for 40mm as surely the 22 mm return would pull any sludge into it. The boiler apart from the slight leak was working fine before the fix and all rads. hot . The simplest solution would be to connect the cold feed directly to the 22 mm vent pipe in the loft and do away with the old 15mm feed pipe - would that work?

Not uncommon for the feed pipe to be blocked. Easiest solution is just repipe the cold feed?
thanks EDPC - to replace the existing is a bit tricky as it does gp through a wall into the loft and not space to tackle it really whereas if i connected the cold feed to the 22mm vent pipe in the loft that would be easy or should the cold feed always be separate. The cold feed is connected to the 22mm return flow anyway just after the air vent rises to the loft so it would feed the 22mm return flow in almost the exact position as the existing

Not uncommon for the feed pipe to be blocked. Easiest solution is just repipe the cold feed?
thanks EDPC - to replace the existing is a bit tricky as it does gp through a wall into the loft and not space to tackle it really whereas if i connected the cold feed to the 22mm vent pipe in the loft that would be easy or should the cold feed always be separate. The cold feed is connected to the 22mm return flow anyway just after the air vent rises to the loft so it would feed the 22mm return flow in almost the exact position as the existing

Like my system except a longer feed pipe??

Attachments

• Combined Cold Feed & Vent. rev1.JPG
    Combined Cold Feed & Vent. rev1.JPG
    37.8 KB · Views: 3

Reply to no flow through boiler in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
My son moved to a new build home in Cornwall last November. Yesterday evening he found a quantity of water beneath the Ideal Combi boiler and a steady water drip from the boiler. After clearing up and putting a container beneath the boiler, he went to bed. This morning the water drip had...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi, Hi wonder if anyone could help? I have a customer that has recently had backflow problems with her cylinder. She gets very hot water coming through her cold taps in her 3 floored property. I recently changed her ground floor basin taps and in doing so had to drain down the cylinder as a...
Replies
Views
… praying to the plumbing God, Bob Pictures and layout details attached, so be patient. 21 year old oil fired system in pretty good nick. I noticed some minor pumping over from the vent (occasional burst of water, and the odd dribble). Didn’t think much of it as I was about to replace the...
Replies
Views
  • Question
My daughter's place has a small water leak on a ground floor radiator valve. The radiator pipework is small diameter.i.e 8 or 10 mm. A plumber is coming back in a day or so to make necessary repairs. I am a little concerned as the house has a Boilermate 2000 on the upper floor and the...
Replies
Views
C
  • Question
Hello I have a gravity fed system with a header tank in the loft, a water cylinder and a 3 way valve. The header tank in the loft is OK and has water in it. When the 3 way valve is in the mid setting the pump and pipes are quiet, and in the CH setting all is quiet. But when its in the HW...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock