Search the forum,

Discuss No Central Heating, Pump faulty??? in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi all,

Central heating has packed up at my parents house, firstly it was only the upstairs Rads that were working and downstairs not now both have stopped working.

I think it could be the central heating water pump as it seems a little loud with some 'odd' sounds now and then, I have tried tapping it with a hammer and it did work for a day or two then nothing.

The pump is under the living room floor so quite awkward access, not sure of the model but I did see an empty box (may not be the current pump) saying Gold 30 or 50 on it.

Do you think a pump change will solve this and will any pump fit?

Many thanks.

Update.

I've just had a call from my Mum and it's come on! up and downstairs all working - it's set on a timer for 2130.

99% sure it's the pump now as I only took a hammer to it yesterday and gave it a few whacks.

Failed again! Lasted all of one day/night!

Here is the pump that's installed currently, there also was an empty box under the floor boards of a Wilo Gold 50!

Is the current pump any good? What can I replace it with?

Thanks.
IMG_20220218_164506.jpg

Reply to No Central Heating, Pump faulty??? in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock