Search the forum,

Discuss No air or water - noisy radiator in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

A

Ange Hook

Hi, hoping for some advice with radiators that I don't seem to be able to bleed.
This is my second winter in a new build. The towel rail was making a knocking/pinging noise last winter so when I recently had my boiler serviced the engineer adjusted some screws on the rail itself and it's actually a lot better.. it just seems to ping now but the knocking has gone.
Two weeks later and there now seems to be a knocking noise coming from the pipes of my bedroom radiator (occasionally a rattle too) which definitely wasn't there before.
It's when it heats up so I'm guessing expansion noise but I find it odd that it wasn't doing it before so I thought maybe the radiators need bleeding, even though they all feel nice and hot.
When trying to bleed them I've found that several don't allow any air or water out at all. I don't think anything is blocked on the valve itself so just wondering if anyone has any ideas as to why i'm not able to bleed them?
The knocking noise is driving me mad, it wakes me up not long after the heating comes on in the morning so I'm desperate to try and figure out what's causing it now.
The pressure on the boiler is at 31 which I think is ok.

Pressure will be measured in bar, or on doted lines I think on that model. If it is indeed at 3.1 bar, then that’s too high. As for no water or air, then you may have a blockage, a kinked pipe or valves not turned on.

Reply to No air or water - noisy radiator in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

When I turn on our CH there's a lot of noise from one specific part of the system - the pipes on the landing, and one radiator. It sounds like air, and the landing radiator needs bleeding regularly (about once a month), even though it isn't the highest point in the system. The two upright rads...
Replies
Views
Oil boiler (now~15 years old) unvented system with 17 radiators. We moved in 5 years ago and I had to keep bleeding the same radiator. The bleed gas could be burned with a blue flame and the water was acidic (pH 5.5). Since then system has been chemically flushed (it was not too bad) and the...
Replies
Views
Hello, I have a customer with a modern anthracite vertical radiator and a modern TRV and lockshield. The radiator makes a loud metallic bang from within the radiator, when it heats up and cools down. I have opened the lockshield fully, lowered the boiler pressure from 2.5 bar to just over 1...
Replies
Views
I am trying to workout in what order my radiators heat up in order to then balance them. I am able to figure out which radiator pipe is the flow/return on each radiator so that I can then grab the right pipe to check which heats up first. There has been an extension done on this house at some...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I registered on here with the hope you’ll be able to help me. I have one radiator which when the CH is turned on it makes a loud rushing noise (the only way I can describe it) it’s loud enough to wake you up in the morning. The only way to stop it is by turning the pump down but...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock