Search the forum,

Discuss NHS Plumbing maintenance interview in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi my name is Bob and I have been shortlisted for an interview at a hospital as a maintenance plumber, and they told me to prepare my self don't know what they want me to prepare? Can someone help me please the interview is on the 20 this month.

Prepare yourself for questions that you think they will ask you.
Prepare yourself to be calm and think about the questions before answering them.
Prepare yourself about answering questions about what work you've done and your experience.
Prepare yourself for a Physical examination - meaning urine test.
Which shows up a lot of information about what people do in their own recreation time.

Other than that, stay calm, don't get too over excited about your abilities or inabilities.
Oh..and try an be pleasant

Try asking them to be more specific about the areas they'd like to discuss.

The NHS has its own standards for plumbing systems that can be found by Googling. You could take a look at some of these to see what sort of things they are picky about. They also use a lot of stainless steel.

Most interviewers are looking for a sound knowledge of the basics (don't assume every question has a complicated answer) and someone who actually wants the job, will enjoy doing it and being part of the team. Once those boxes are ticked any gaps can be filled with training.

Last edited:
I've been interviewed for a similar role a few years ago now they are looking for a good under standing of the basics electrical, and mechanical engineering , there's alot of equipment you will never have worked on and there will be alot of on the job training make sure you come across as willng and able to do what's needed, they may well ask you what you might do in various emergency situations , you cannot just go switching services off it could cause more problems if operations are being carried out , a knowledge medical gas is a good one to read up on. Planed maintenance on services and equipment will always need authorizing by your superiors and needs to be checked and double checked even locking valves off and displaying the relevant signage whilst work is carried out , permits to work on stuff is not uncommon as is method statements of how and what is expected , they need to know you can think for yourself but never put people or yourself in danger if there's a problem share that problem with your superiors before acting . Best of luck kop

Prepare yourself for questions that you think they will ask you.
Prepare yourself to be calm and think about the questions before answering them.
Prepare yourself about answering questions about what work you've done and your experience.
Prepare yourself for a Physical examination - meaning urine test.
Which shows up a lot of information about what people do in their own recreation time.

Other than that, stay calm, don't get too over excited about your abilities or inabilities.
Oh..and try an be pleasant
Thank you very much

Reply to NHS Plumbing maintenance interview in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, My current hot water system needs to be replaced. Anyone got any suggestions or can recommend any plumbers around Derrimut area that won't rip me off? An office guy recommended me to apply for government rebates and get it installed through timetosave.com.au. How reliable is this...
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two hole mixer but the cold water pressure is high mains fed and the hot is low pressure immersion tank fed. I've been trying to find info on what I...
Replies
Views
Hi guys. I'm trying to identify a toilet model before ordering a seat for a customer. I went to what used to be a Roca stockist (they no longer are) and one of the guys there reckoned it might be "The Gap". I went to the new stockist and the guy there disagreed it was "The Gap" and that he'd...
Replies
Views
Hi all Noticed bad smell in my drain out side put my hand down and it unclogged it for now however I checked my sewer drain and after flushing my toilet a good few times nothing is going to the sewer so don't know is there a blockage or what way it works many thanks and advice would be grateful
Replies
Views
My son has an apprenticeship interview for to become a plumber and heating engineer. The have said there will be a multiple choice exam for this for suitability. The thing is my son panics during tests/exams. Is there any book I can buy him to practice the multiple choice test for the exam? What...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock