Search the forum,

Discuss NG Gas grill connection in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

I know very little about plumbing, so I'm not even sure what to ask for and I may use the wrong descriptions of items, so apologies if so.
I've done some searching online, but not entirely sure what I need to get.

I recently moved into a house that has a gas outlet on the deck. I bought a Weber NG grill that came with a 3/8" hose and a quick connect that has a 5/8" female socket. The house NG is 1" female socket.
Note: These figures are coming from me using a measuring tape measuring the inside diameter of the threaded outlet... is that correct way to measure?

So, one guy I spoke to said to get a flex hose connector, but I can't seem to find one that has a 1" to 5/8".
Another said to just get a male/male reducer, but again, can't actually find one right size. Overall, there seems to be very little 1" sizes, they all seem to be 3/4 or 1/2.
When looking on the weber site for instructions it stated I should a pipe nipple, bell reducer, then another pipe nipple.

So, firstly, could someone help me understand what I need to get and maybe help me find the right product(s)?

As a second question; while I was researching, I read somewhere that gas connectors should never be pointing upwards... which mine of course is. Should I get an elbow connection to alter that?

I tried to upload photos, but it won't let me.

Honestly, I didnt even think about that. I would have assumed the need for someone specialized to run new gas piping etc, but the outlet is already there, I'm just looking for a connection from an appliance to the outlet. Do I really need to pay someone to thread one thing into another?

I was hoping to get advice on what hose connector to get; wouldn't it be obvious if it doesn't thread correctly or has any issues there? I would obviously do a leak test etc too.

I guess I don't know what I don't know....

Reply to NG Gas grill connection in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi. I need a new toilet supply line but don’t know the size type of the fitting at the shut off valve. It is not 3/8 compression. It is a plastic nut about the same size as the one going into the cistern but has a different thread. Attached is a photo. Can you advise. Thanks.
Replies
Views
The left rear floor corner is highest (the shower pan touches/sits on the floor), sloping down diagonally to the front right corner (lowest). The front right corner shim is 5/8", the left front corner is 3/8" shimmed, with shorter shims under left middle and right rear corner. The pan perimeters...
Replies
Views
I want to reconnect some outbuildings to an existing water supply. The supply pipe is old 22mm MDPE and buried for a fair distance so not going to dig it up and replace it 😬. Question is can I use normal 22mm plumbing push-fit connectors to make the connection as finding 22mm MDPE fittings...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the man-door to the boiler room. It's intent is to 'halt' the operation of the boilers in the room should there be an emergency. He is demanding that I do...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock