Search the forum,

Discuss Newby in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Tosh

Hey you crazy kids,
Just joined the forum so thought I'd say a little hello. filled in me profile so if you need to know anything have a look at that or just ask me it's always the best way.
I'm half way through the course with OLCI but working full time as well so it's dragging out a bit. Should finish end April start of May but struggling to find anyone outside a building site willing to take on in-experienced plumbers. Oh well I'll keep searching.
Nice to meet you all. :D

Welcome to the forums Tosh...

Keep us informed of your progress and your course feedback. Drop it in the courses forums for everybody to have a nosey at.

OLCI seem to be a popular one with guys on here :)

Hi uug,
Have posted my CV with several agencies and job sites but seem to be coming up short for specific plumbing agencies. I'm not helping by limiting myself to not wanting building site work. I've heard too many stories about getting stuck doing the same thing over and over. I want to be a domestic plumber and keep all my new skills in use rather than let them stagnate over time.
Any suggestions would be much appreciated. I've looked at the job sites posted in here but a lot of them seem to be for oversea's plumbing jobs??

Thanks for the welcome.

Tosh

hi Tosh

The only other thing I can think of is find local property developers I have done work for 2 local developers by putting my card in the letterbox of houses that are up for auction, you can get a list of houses from the local auction company’s, you can also act interested in buying some of the houses and go round to see them and drop your cards in every room, the only thing having the time to do this

Hey Uug,
I'm not too worried about finding plumbing jobs to make money, I know that I can do a building site or even go out my own although am still a bit nervous of that just yet. I was really hoping to get taken on by a company big or small to gain the experience. I am very aware that the NVQ2 is just a foundation in plumbig and there is still so much to learn. I suppose at least if I'm doing it on my own I can pick and chosse the jobs I want to take and just takethe easier ones to build my confidence.

Many Thanks mate, I'll keep you posted.

Tosh :)

Hello mate, welcome to the forums :)

Doing the OLCI course myself mate, about half way through.

Hi Varley,
Where abouts are you in the course?? I've just done CWSC/airing cupboard, got LCS this weekend. After that it's just the sheet lead weathering, the final GOLA exam and I'm done. Got to be on the job to actually get the NVQ though so will need to find work after that.

Maybe I'll see you down there at some point.

Best Regards

Tosh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Newby in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Morning to any Australians lurking around! Register its free, then message me, I'll sort your account out for you. We will need a moderator from each main country too. I'll post this in the Australian forum now.
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock