Search the forum,

Discuss newbie needs advice baxi boiler driving me mad-or is it just me? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

tigertiger

hi this is my first post on here so i do appologise in advance for my lack of technical explanation! , a couple of weeks ago our boiler wouldnt fire up on central heating -hot water only pressure was down to barely the start of the 1 bar section, so plumber came out checked radiators for air and topped up the pressure to 2 bar -everything nice and toasty but gradually the pressure has dropped to half way on the 1 bar section and im finding myself turning the heating up more and more -its on 60 atm but the house still feels cold and the radiators dont feel as hot as they did when it was 2 bar pressure, plus when the boiler reaches the temp its set to will drop 10 degrees then kicks back in is that normal or am i doing something wrong? thanks for any advice

did he top the pressure up to 2 bar when cold ?? should ideally be sitting at between 1-1.5 bar when cold. You may have a leak somewhere in the system or your expansion vessel may need recharged or is faulty. the boiler will cut out once it reaches 82 degrees then kick back in once it drops below a set temperature so it sounds normal.

Do you have a thermostat in your house ?? and is your boiler stat set to maximum ?? if your flow temperature is 60 degrees then try and turning the boiler stat up to max which will then increase the temperature of the water to 80 degrees.

forgot to say its a baxi duo tech 24 he a i think! installed in 08 and has an attatchment on that takes the metals out of the water which was cleaned by the plumber

the boiler was warm it had been running on and off when it decided to kick in temp it controlled off the boiler itself , theres radiator thermostats on and fully turned up! it may just be me but the house never seems to get warm unless i have it on nearly full wack thanks for the advice, i dont think ive ever had a baxi that hasnt caused problems lol

that will have no bearing on your problems, you are losing pressure in your system either by a leak or fauly expansion vessel/PRV, is there water dripping from the copper pipe which goes outside ??

turn your boiler thermostat up to maximum, is your house well insulated ?

hi i can safely say i have no idea on that , i did hear a dripping from the boiler the other night but couldnt find any water inside and the pipe on the outside is bent quite far back against the wall that its hard to tell whether water drips from there but i will try and check that , i think he thinks im already a nutter so i didnt want to call him without being able to sort of confirm i had a problem and it wasnt just in my mind

just put new loft insulation in last month and have double glazing but no cavity wall insulation as we cant have it

thanks ever so much for your great and superfast advice i feel much better now , to be fair our plumber is good and he will come out very fast :icon6:

thats good to hear, just explain pressure keep dropping and i'm sure he will fix it for you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to newbie needs advice baxi boiler driving me mad-or is it just me? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock