Search the forum,

Discuss Newbie. How can I fit this basin waste to the trap. The trap is only slightly lower than the sink in the DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

The Waste is slightly higher than the trap, I've been advised to use the flexi fitting but it leaks and doesn't look strong enough especially as water remains in the pipe. I would call a plumber, but I know its a simple solution.. for someone! I'm a total newbie so advice would be great!
16140351118078541604304078280910.jpg

Also the trap is not steady it moves. is there a way to connect it to the wall?

Wtf is that mess needs ripping out and starting again from the chrome waste pipe sticking out of the floor

Thanks, I agree the connection should be taken out, but the chrome waste pipe and trap connection is fine. Constructive feedback about the connection please?

You can’t have a double trap also your existing trap has an extendable riser if not you should be able to buy an extension

slacken the knurled ring at the top of the bottle (hidden behing the white flexi tube in your photo) and see if you can pull up the riser enough to fit it to the waste. If not, as Shaun says, you can replace the riser with something like this:

Reply to Newbie. How can I fit this basin waste to the trap. The trap is only slightly lower than the sink in the DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock