Search the forum,

Discuss Newbie here - Help required re Thermostat and programmer set up in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

T

tholbear

Hi All,

Newbie here and I wanted to understand the current heating set up in the new build property. Our builders havent been useful at all apart from saying it works as any other set up

I have an Ideal boiler in the kitchen and a hot water cylinder on the first floor. Heating is split into 2 zones (Zone 1 - GF Hallway, GF Lounge, Kitchen, FF Hallway - Room Thermostat
ESRTD2 in GF Lounge with live radiator) and (Zone 2 - 4 Bedrooms - Room Thermostat
ESRTD2 in Master bedroom with live radiator). I also have the ES3247B programmer in the kitchen to program / schedule the heating and hotwater .

My question and the point i'm struggling to understand:

I set up a schedule for heating to come on say 2 times a day and I also have an option to overide the programmer by using the room thermostat and setting the temperature. Now, If i use the room thermostat to set the temp as 22 C, the heating will kick in until the req temp and I want to stop heating so I turn the dial down to say 17 C. When the heating kicks in as per the program (twice a day), will it try to heat up the room to a specified temperature or will it heat it until it reaches 17 C because the room thermostat was previously dialled down to 17 C?

Apologies if I dont make sense as im not a native english speaker. Any help to understand how if works is very much appreciated.

the programmer controls the room thermostats so this needs to be calling first

and what ever you set them too it will reach this temp wont auto adjust eg to your desired 22dc

Reply to Newbie here - Help required re Thermostat and programmer set up in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold then would get hot water most of the time. Changing the flow cartridge about 2 years ago (when I moved in) solved this problem enough to suffer it as...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock