Search the forum,

Discuss Newbie. Hello from West Yorkshire. in the The Welcome Wagon :) area at PlumbersForums.net

Hello

Quick intro....I’ve joined here because I’m planning a career change.... you guessed it, into plumbing. Im mid 30s and from a construction related background. Currently working in project management but sick of the corporate BS side of things. Wanted to trade train as a plumber when I was 16 and a pushy parent managed to influence me not to.

Fast forward 20 years and the desire is still there. I’m nit a total novice, I know my way around a tool bag and I have the basics. I’m looking to gain experience, knowledgeand an NVQ to start with and see where the career change takes me.

Any help, guidance and suggestions along the way would be appreciated.

thats a summary of me....Hello everyone.

cheers.

Hello and welcome x4

Reply to Newbie. Hello from West Yorkshire. in the The Welcome Wagon :) area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello All and thanks Lou i did write a reply but it would not let me send it? i am not sure what I am meant to write and I do not want to come over the wrong way so please keep in mind I am 57 and at school in the 70s back then was kicked out the lessons and put in remedial classes (before...
Replies
Views
Hello everyone. I am a level 2 adult student looking for tips and advice and employment to gain experience in the west yorkshire area. My course will be completed for June/July 2019 hopefully so I would be looking for a route on to gas safe once my level 2 is complete. I dont have much...
Replies
Views
Hi everybody, So I’m another of these guys who is considering a career change to do gas engineering and would appreciate some advice from people in the know as to to if it’s a good idea or not. As a complete newbie in my late 30’s, I’ve been investigating these MLP courses in my area but...
Replies
Views
M
Hello, Anybody out there after a trainee/apprentice plumber, in the birmingham/west midlands area, if so please let me know. I am 30 years of age and desparately after a career change, I am currently in hospitality field. I have been working in my spare time with a few plumbers, so I am not a...
Replies
Views
khill
K
H
Hello All. Just a quick courteous introduction before I get active onthe rest of the forum… I’m a “career change” plumber, so I know lots ofexperienced guys will be rolling their eyes, huffing and puffing about me (andthat’s just the ones I’ve met face to face). That being said I don’t...
Replies
Views
Rickster123
R
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock