Search the forum,

Discuss New Website: FreeRatedTraders.com in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Dan

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hello lads and ladies,

I've been working on a new website. www.FreeRatedTraders.com.

It's a directory but it will come with some awesome features and it's well optimised. I'm aiming for a check-a-builder and mytrader type website, but free for both the customers and the tradesepeople.

I need some listings adding so that I can make sure systems and processes are working.

There are some dummy listings on there, but there are also some real listings on there too.

Can any of you be so kind as to register over there and then I'll optimise your listings for you and make sure they're ranking for your area.

I haven't installed the County's in Scotland, Wales or NI yet. So I will get round to those. Let me know in the comments to this thread if you're from one of those "devolved counties" (governments words not mine) lol and I'll PM you when I've added your county.

If you have any problems trying to add your listing then let me know. I've just fixed (i think) a ReCaptcha problem. But not 100% certain so need to get testing.

Let's call the site in BETA mode for now. And when we've got some listings on there and some blogs on the blog and it's ranking well, I'll we'll have a more official launch of it, and activate some of the other features. It has booking systems on there and a job posting system that hooks up to it too. But I didn't want to take too much on too quickly.

Been looking for one of these for years.

@Lou and I will start to copy over ALL FORUMS Listing systems to the new site once members have done theirs. Then we'll start to roll back the directories on the forums so that they can be redirected to the new listings and closed off eventually on here. As it's not helping the forum threads rankings with us having lots of areas with no listings added etc.

Anyway, please go to www.FreeRatedTraders.com and sign up and add a listing for me.

Report back here in this thread with any problems please.

Last edited:
Hi Dan,

I'm not in the trade so can't list, but will be interested to try the site.

Noticed no woodworking trades ( and I'd split those into specific areas ). Also for Tilers, guess you mean indoor and not too roof tilers so separate one there.

Hmmm how about aerial fitters and garage door fitters . . . not sure how far you want to go. Could have a handyman catagory.

I'd be clear on the homepage how it's financed.

Best of luck.

Cheers,

Roy

Its a no from me Dan , I know these sites are what a lot of people use these days but nothing beats “ personal recommendations “ , all these sites do is force prices down , good for the punter but not the tradesman. My opinion of course .

done please can anybody write a reviews

Hi Dan,
A free service is a courageous thing to do, but very welcome.
I'm not a tradesman, but a keen DIYer and get involved with maintenance issues at several properties - I'd be happy to share some of my experiences and discoveries under FAQs
I'd also gladly recommend tradesmen I have found to be reliable.
Martin

Hello lads and ladies,

I've been working on a new website. www.FreeRatedTraders.com.

It's a directory but it will come with some awesome features and it's well optimised. I'm aiming for a check-a-builder and mytrader type website, but free for both the customers and the tradesepeople.

I need some listings adding so that I can make sure systems and processes are working.

There are some dummy listings on there, but there are also some real listings on there too.

Can any of you be so kind as to register over there and then I'll optimise your listings for you and make sure they're ranking for your area.

I haven't installed the County's in Scotland, Wales or NI yet. So I will get round to those. Let me know in the comments to this thread if you're from one of those "devolved counties" (governments words not mine) lol and I'll PM you when I've added your county.

If you have any problems trying to add your listing then let me know. I've just fixed (i think) a ReCaptcha problem. But not 100% certain so need to get testing.

Let's call the site in BETA mode for now. And when we've got some listings on there and some blogs on the blog and it's ranking well, I'll we'll have a more official launch of it, and activate some of the other features. It has booking systems on there and a job posting system that hooks up to it too. But I didn't want to take too much on too quickly.

Been looking for one of these for years.

@Lou and I will start to copy over ALL FORUMS Listing systems to the new site once members have done theirs. Then we'll start to roll back the directories on the forums so that they can be redirected to the new listings and closed off eventually on here. As it's not helping the forum threads rankings with us having lots of areas with no listings added etc.

Anyway, please go to www.FreeRatedTraders.com and sign up and add a listing for me.

Report back here in this thread with any problems please.

Hi Dan,
A free service is a courageous thing to do, but very welcome.
I'm not a tradesman, but a keen DIYer and get involved with maintenance issues at several properties - I'd be happy to share some of my experiences and discoveries under FAQs
I'd also gladly recommend tradesmen I have found to be reliable.
Martin
Register an account then matey we have a small forum up and running and I will need a DIY moderator or two to moderate the DIY category. ;)

There's a new introductions THREAD (not forum) over there so ALL TRADES can introduce themselves if they're the type that'd hang around on a forum. I thought it's a nice place for a trader to find a local contact if they need one and don't have one.

So I clicked on the "please click on this special announcement" button.
What did I get.
A great big flippin full screen pop up advert...
That ad is on this forum not the new site. It doesn't have a single ad on it.

I'll reconfigure the ad settings on this forum soon. We're ad-heavy at the moment because, like most online companies we've lost about 80% of revenue (it's a really good time to buy Google Adwords right now as a result, the Cost-Per-Click is pence and not pounds like usual - inside tip there ;) )

I am super sorry, I hate ads too. But they pay the bills.

And of course, get ad-blockers on your web browsers if you wish. It's not ideal for the forum, but I'd rather you be here and posting than not here because of ads.

Thanks to all who are sticking with us during this time. You're literally feeding mouths. :)

Reply to New Website: FreeRatedTraders.com in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock