Search the forum,

Discuss New Water Supply - Domestic Connection Options in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a new 32mm MDPE supply pipe being fitted at my property and my builder and I have been discussing how best to connect it up to the existing 22mm copper water pipe inside.

There obviously needs to be a stopcock, meter adapter and drain-off valve in between the two.

There doesn't seem to be many options for connecting directly to a 32mm supply other than to reduce down to 25mm and taking it from there.

I've seen some all-in-one 'meter kit' options which include the stopcock and meter adapter with 25mm PE on one side and 22mm copper on the other.

Does anyone have any advice on best practice for connecting this up?

I'm thinking:

32mm MDPE pipe > Reducer (32>25) > Meter Kit (Stopcock+Meter) > Drain-off valve (copper soldered) > 22mm Copper pipe

Is there a better way to do this?

Thanks!

32-28mm adapter then reduced down to 22mm

What would I connect after a 32-28mm adapter? Not clear why I'd do this.

Has anyone got any opinions on the all-in-one meter kits?

What would I connect after a 32-28mm adapter? Not clear why I'd do this.

Has anyone got any opinions on the all-in-one meter kits?

Internally or externally meter

Depending on where your stupply pipe is

32mm elbow

Copper 28mm adapter for the elbow

28mm pipe

28mm stop tap

28mm to water meter connections

Then 28 -15 mm tee for your drain off

Then carry off in what you want either 28 or 22mm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to New Water Supply - Domestic Connection Options in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock