Search the forum,

Discuss new water supply cost in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

fivefive

Hi guys,

We would like to get a new water supply. Basically, we have just bought a property currently consisting of two flats, it is a 4 storey Victorian building altogether. However, there is only 1 water supply, we would like to apply for an additional water supply so each flat can have its own.

Does anyone know how much a new water supply would cost roughly please? Can someone please kindly give me a rough estimate of the full breakdown of the cost? I would be really grateful.

I understand that I would have to pay Thames Water and that they only cover the work all the way up to my property boundary.

I will also need to complete the pipework within my property boundary. As it's an existing building, I believe the work is mainly focused underneath my front garden, i.e. between my front entrance and my front door of the house. Does anyone know how much it would cost if I'm to employ a Thames Water Approved plumber please?

Many thanks,
fivefive

Another estimate when know one has seen the job. Are you still looking at the B&B option? Get someone in to give you an estimate.

Another estimate when know one has seen the job. Are you still looking at the B&B option? Get someone in to give you an estimate.

Hi Reg Man,

Yes, I'm looking for someone professional to give me an estimate, which is why I've already posted in the "im-looking-plumber-gas-engineer" forum.

Basically, I would like to know how much a new water supply would cost typically for an existing building. Reason being is that I don't want to get ripped off, e.g. if they only cost £5k but someone quoted £15k

Does anyone know how much they cost on average roughly please? I'm sure I'm not the first person requesting a new water supply?

A detailed quote is obviously required before I apply for it, but there's no point unless I can actually afford it, right?

Many thanks,
fivefive

its the water company costs that will make your eyes water, mine was around £1200 each for 3 new supplies 8 years ago. the bit fm the meter is inconsequential thereafter!

its the water company costs that will make your eyes water, mine was around £1200 each for 3 new supplies 8 years ago. the bit fm the meter is inconsequential thereafter!

Thanks a lot for your reply.

Just wondering if you know how much it cost roughly if it's done by a professional to "dig the trench" please?

Many thanks,
fivefive

fivefive, one of our members has been trying to send you a pm but apparently your inbox is full. the member is safegasinstall (stan)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to new water supply cost in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi everyone, Could someone please explain if this set up is normal and what changed: Stopcock under kitchen sink turns off cold water supply in kitchen only Stopcock in kitchen wall panel turns off cold water supply in kitchen only Red gate valve in airing cupboard next to bathroom turns off...
Replies
Views
Morning everyone, if anyone could please offer advice on this issue it would help me with a massive issue regarding the water supply in my flat. My flat kitchen and bathroom was always on mains supply (no tank supply at all) and the rest of the 5 flats were mains supply to kitchen and water...
Replies
Views
Hi I have a question, I want my flat to be separately connected to the mains water supply for water coming into my kitchen and bathroom instead of sharing the same pipework as my neighbours. Is this doable and if so is it the water board who will carry this out or a plumber? My flat has shared...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, Just wanted some confirmation regarding a PRV fitted to the mains supply in my building. All 6 flats in the building are now connected to the mains water feed supply and the water tanks in the attic have been disconnected (each flat has a combi gas boiler). I can see there are 2...
Replies
Views
I refer to modern purpose-built flats - built within the last 35 years, say. How common is it, in this type of accommodation, for the cold water supply to a bathroom washbasin to come indirectly through a cold water storage tank? Or is it far more common for the cold water supply to come...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock