Search the forum,

Discuss new washing machine, unable to attach waste pipe in the DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

that's what i'm trying to attach it to, but the pipe is 21mm and the spigot (i assume you mean the plastic connector) is 23.5mm.

i've forced it and forced it but there is no way it is going to attach, it was starting to damage the internal pipe due to the force being applied.
I just had this problem. I tried hot water and that didn't help. I then used a pipe wrench to flatten the ribs on the inside off the flexible pipe for a distance of about 3/4" and it fitted easily. I used a jubilee clip of course

I just had this problem. I tried hot water and that didn't help. I then used a pipe wrench to flatten the ribs on the inside off the flexible pipe for a distance of about 3/4" and it fitted easily. I used a jubilee clip of course
Congats, you have weakened the hose with your bodge.

Reply to new washing machine, unable to attach waste pipe in the DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock