Search the forum,

Discuss New W-UFH how to combine with old system to avoid old rads coming on? in the Water Underfloor Heating Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Hello, I’ve had some work done in my house to redo a kitchen and replace damaged floors and while doing this I was convinced to install W-UFH since the floor was coming out anyway and there were some joist issues in the Victorian property.

Previously I had about 9 radiators in my house, 2 of which are bathroom towel rails, all attached to a combat boiler and using a Genius Heat computer control system (so hg z wave valves that are controlled). It was working quite well.

Anyway, the renovation has gone well, and the heating is being hooked up - with 3 zones on the ground floor and a zone valve at the boiler - however when I quizzed about the remaining system it seems like they expected the rest of the heating to function like before… but given WUFH stays on much longer this would imply that my towel rails would be on for this duration too - which seems wrong in a wufh scenario (the remaining 3 rads in my house would be off due to hg controllers however).

Should there be a second zone valve in the above setup, which is opened when the upper floors request heat? I believe hg can do this , but I wonder if it’s over complicating things and I’d be better off turning down towel rails in the summer (which I tend to do anyway) and in the winter when they operate with the wufh, as it’s a much lower temperature it might not be a big deal?

My intuition (maybe wrong), is that a second zone valve should be added, but I’m after any advice/suggestions for this.

thanks,

tim

Yes the ufh should be separate from the rest of your radiators eg as you say there should be two zone valves one for rads and the other for one the ufh

Reply to New W-UFH how to combine with old system to avoid old rads coming on? in the Water Underfloor Heating Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock