Search the forum,

Discuss New Valliant ecoTEC 418 issue in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

gazz27

I am having a problem with the boiler when after running for approx 45mins and the house is approaching temperature that the boler will start cycling (switching off and then back on again after approx 1 min)

I have detailed what is happening and used the Valliant codes. I have a weather compensator fitted as well.
Valliant codes
d0 = range rated setting
d41= return temp
d40= feed temp

When the system is cold, the system fires up, runs at a high setting (I assume d0 related) and brings the flow d40 (feed) up to flow temp target.

At this time d41 (return) will be some way behind d40 approx 20c below.

As d40 is now at target temp the boiler modulates down to maintain d40 at target temp but at the same time d41 is slowly increasingp. As d41 increase the heat requied to maintain d40 falls so the system continues to modulate down.

Now my problem!!!!

As d41 (return) increases, d40 continues to rise unless the system can modulate down to a lower enough output to stop this. My problem appears that it cannot modulate low enough so the system shuts down.

Temp then falls rapidly and about 1-2 mins later system refires at highish output and quickly exceeds target temp and the system gets into a cycle.

I have raised minimum temp (50c) which helps a bit and lowered d0 which helps a bit. I can force it out of the cycles by temporally raising min temp.

Is there anything else I can do. (ecoTEC 418)

Gary

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to New Valliant ecoTEC 418 issue in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I recently had a new 2023 Vaillant ecoTec plus 630 (30kW) system boiler installed along with a Low Loss Header (LLH) in my house. I have 21 rads in the house and a room with UFH. The LLH was introduced as I was finding (before the LLH was fitted) that my old boiler (Vaillant heat-only boiler)...
Replies
Views
Hi, Have a Valliant Ecotec Plus 637 system boiler that is showing no error codes and S.0 (no demand for heat), but it is not heating. Have checked that it is receiving switched 240V heat demand from controller into PCB, so believe it's just a boiler issue. Boiler was working fine up until...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, Just wanted to share my experience with "upgrading" an S plan setup to Opentherm and Vaillant Control Center (VR66). There are a few threads on a few different forums but I wanted to share a full write-up with all the steps needed, benefits and costs. Overall, I fully recommend...
Replies
Views
Good morning, wondered if anyone can advise please on a resolution? My set up at home is that I have a 4-bed detached with 21 radiators (includes 4 towel rails), a 6m x 4m orangery/conservatory that was built last year with under-floor heating, and a Megaflo for storing hot water. The UFH...
Replies
Views
I am looking to replace my existing Vaillant heat-only boiler with a new Vaillant ecotec plus 630 system boiler (30kW). I have a megaflo hot-water cylinder, a central heating system (serving 21 radiators) and an orangery built last year (6m x 4m) with underfloor heating. Through running some...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock