Search the forum,

Discuss New toilet not flushing as expected in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

J

JohnKP

Hi, I,'m after some advice please. We have recently had a new bathroom fitted by a professional fitter. We chose the units and he purchased and installed.

However the toilet that was fitted struggles to flush anything, even a few sheets of paper takes a couple of flushes.

The fitter is blaming the pan and the amount of holes it has thus not giving enough pressure. He has apparently gone back to the supplier and they have refused a replacement. This leads me to think it could be an installation issue bit he is adamant it's not. Can anyone suggest what might be going on here?

Looks like a badly made pan also looks like quite a low flush volume, i assume the installer has tweaked it to get max volume.
Who's the supplier / mfr?
Ive had a faulty pan replaced by mfr (ideal standard).
If you've bought a cheap pan off a cheap supplier there might nit be much you can do.
Was it bought on a credit card?

Pan is bad quality chances are suppliers have said once fitted can’t exchange

Not acceptable. The fitter supplied the goods and they aren't fit for purpose. Read the OP's post again: 'he [the fitter] purchased and installed'. Also, we can't rule out an installation issue (photos of the connection to the soil pipe would be interesting, or is it all concealed?) or could be the way the flush pipe has been fitted. Really doesn't matter: installer needs to correct.

Unless the fitter made it clear he was supplying said toilet against his better judgement (and here I have to imagine the possibility exists that the customer wanted a £60 toilet while the installer knew a decent pan costs more than that) and the customer accepted the risk, then this really is the fitter's legal responsibility. Consumer Rights Act would apply. No one on this forum would supply and fit a WC that works that badly and consider the job complete.

Even on a low flush, a WC should clear paper. Here is an amateur installation of a low-flush Ideal Standard pan, which seems to be working rather better than the OP's :

Appreciate the advise and agree with you ric2013 the installer is responsible. We chose items from one of his preferred suppliers and wasn't particularly cheap. I'll see if I can take some pics of the pipes, they are concealed but I can remove the access panel to see.
Appreciate the help

Reply to New toilet not flushing as expected in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock