Search the forum,

Discuss New toilet fit question. in the The Welcome Wagon :) area at PlumbersForums.net

I am looking to replace my current toilet with a back to wall one, one issue that i have is that the soil pipe would end up being under it. Would it be a bad idea to fit a Slinky-Fit Flexible Pan Connector from the toilet into the soil pipe that is directly under the toilet?

A picture would be good.
A back to wall pan needs boxed in space behind for concealed cistern, do you mean close-coupled?
Flexible pan connectors should be avoided if possible.

Some close coupled back to wall pans have the pan spigot deep inside so that the connection is, say, 10 “ back from the wall. Others have the spigot only , say 4” back.

If you had one with a deep spigot it may be a goer, I would not use a “slinky” if I were you.

If you have space. Build/tile a simple box to bring the toilet away from the wall allowing easy connection with no tight radii, also gives a useful shelf behind loo.

This is how it's looking at the moment. I will be removing the plaster board that is there and fitting a concealed cistern onto the wall and putting a new plasterboard with tiles in front it it. I would like to push the back to wall toilet back to also cover the soil exit that's currently visible. What is the reason for not using a slinky for this? Should i just use normal soil pipes instead?

Attachments

• IMG_20210130_142332.jpg
    IMG_20210130_142332.jpg
    237.3 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_20210130_142325.jpg
    IMG_20210130_142325.jpg
    244.1 KB · Views: 11
https://www.NoLinkingToThis/p/mcalp...M3q2LMZXdWUH9mq3g2i6Fl1ghiHwPEbEaAuIYEALw_wcB
Don't think you'll do better than this for clearance.

Finally got round to ordering the matetials that i will need for the job and have settled on the one below. Could anyone please let me know if the two are compatable and if thres any other potencial issues i might ahve with them.

Reply to New toilet fit question. in the The Welcome Wagon :) area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16 mm copper water pipe. I exposed the pipe by removing a ~30cm section of the plastic sleeve and a ~10 cm section of the pipe around the hole. Several...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
I want to reconnect some outbuildings to an existing water supply. The supply pipe is old 22mm MDPE and buried for a fair distance so not going to dig it up and replace it 😬. Question is can I use normal 22mm plumbing push-fit connectors to make the connection as finding 22mm MDPE fittings...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new brackets, dismantle that existing one and start again or I could try and re attach via those screws, removing the broken ones from the plate and wall...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock