Search the forum,

Discuss New thermostatic mixer shower. Luke warm water in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at PlumbersForums.net

I have recently fitted a thermostatic external mixer shower in my bathroom. The problem is that when it is set to the highest possible temperature its only luke warm at best. The hot water in my house is generated from a combi boiler which should be able to deliver a hot water flowrate of 12.5L/min. The boiler doesnt seem to be the problem as both bathroom and kitchen hot water taps in the house produce hot water without issue, and the boiler was only serviced last week.

I have checked that the cold/hot water pipes are the right way around into the shower bar and i have tried to calibrate the hot water delivery from the bar buy removing the temperature control knob and adjusting it but it already seems to be at its highest setting.

Does anyone have any other ideas? Id say im a DIY enthusiast but this has me stumped! Shower and boiler details in my house are posted below.

Ripley Round Thermostatic Dual Head Shower Set in my bathroom

IDEAL HEATING LOGIC MAX COMBI C30 GAS COMBI BOILER

Common causes of this are:
1) not enough flow to fire the boiler
2) cold crossing into hot supply pipes, effectively causing 1 also.

Solutions
1) i) valve somewhere not fully open
ii) blocked inlet filter at shower (hot)
iii) hose/head too restrictive

2) faulty or missing non return valves

This question, word for word, has already been asked and answered:

Reply to New thermostatic mixer shower. Luke warm water in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Morning to any Australians lurking around! Register its free, then message me, I'll sort your account out for you. We will need a moderator from each main country too. I'll post this in the Australian forum now.
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock