Search the forum,

Discuss new tap now low warm water pressure in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

D

Deleted member 67158

hi, i have a gravity system in my house. non-pressurized boiler and i have no space to lift my
cold water cystern or hot water tank, i also don't want to buy or run an electric water pump.
due to a leak in the housing, i had to
change my old dual lever monoblock mixer tap, which run beautifully with good warm water flow ( it also came
with these small tails to connect to warm and cold it was a non ceramic tap).
now bought one advertised to
work from 0.5 bar ( i realise this is quite a lot of pressure, my HWT is 2 meters higher but on a 5 meter horizontal run with bends, the CWC is half a meter higherrom the HWT) the new taph is a modern looking single lever mixer tap with pull out spray 1 meter+ with 50cm tails with 5mm connectors. now i only get a
trickle of hot water, cold water fine of course. i did change the connecting tails just in case, but they are the
same. i also did take out all the reducers from the new tap. the
hot feeds from a 22mm pipe, the isolation valve is
a 22mm full bore one. there is no air or dirt in the system and the other
warm tap in the house works fine. it is the bathroom tap, a single
lever monoblock mixer.... without me knowing i must have been sold a large-bore
version, although it has these tails, with 5mm connectors and not much bigger pipes to
fit into hot and cold ( unfortunately unbranded, the
shop i bought it from, has closed
years ago, and being a bathroom tap it wouldn't fit in the kitchen anyway)
do i have to install an old style 2 lever tap with 15mm connectors?
has anybody run into the same problem and found a solution?
is there a a "single lever mixer tap" that would work ?
ps is my problem: high water resistance, low hight of feeder tanks, modern tap not meant for uk gravity system or else ?

Reply to new tap now low warm water pressure in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I live in an apartment block where generally hot water is supplied from the communal hot water cylinder and cold water to bathrooms is supplied from cold water tanks in the loft. It is a vented system. However, in a basement flat and a ground floor flat cold water supply to bathrooms is...
Replies
Views
Looking for any ideas to help. I've a Heatrae Sadia Hot Water tank, heated through Oil fired boiler (working fine). A week ago I reset the air gap as I was having dripping from the pressure relief valve. Since then I've lost a lot of pressure from the hot water feed to my shower. The rest of...
Replies
Views
About 5 year ago, I had a new central heating system (radiators) installed to replace my old warm air underfloor system. The warm air side of the new system is okay but we cannot get any hot water without running a bucketfull of cold water first. This means having to wash your hands in cold...
Replies
Views
I have just replaced the old bathroom basin mono mixer taps, 2 tap heads, standard compression valve type, to a modern mono mixer single lever type. For some reason the hot water running on the new single lever mono mixer tap is slow flowing compared to the old ones. The cold water running...
Replies
Views
Hello All, I wonder if you can help me? I have intermittent hot water low flow from all taps in my 4 bedroom house upstairs and downstairs. I can sometimes recover the usual water pressure by turning the hot and cold water taps on and off which seems very strange to me. There is no problem...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock