Search the forum,

Discuss New Shower Valve, Slow drain in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

K

kevSpam

I have installed a new shower valve and shower head (the restrictor um fell out) and as a result the tub starts to fill with water. I believe this is simply a math problem of more water coming in than can drain but asking if any known options.

As a sanity check I did snake the drain and overflow pipes which do not appear clogged.

Can I change the tub shoe as mine seems to be 45 degrees which seems to be a pinch point. A larger shoe or vertical drain with p-trap possibly. Can deal with tying in the overflow piping as needed.

The other option is to add a restrictor to the shower head to balance the flow and drain.
I do like the water pressure, not going to lie.

As you say, either need to improve drainage or restrict water flow.

Put a flow limiter where the head attaches is the simplest solution. Try 12 litres per minute to start with and see how that is.

Reply to New Shower Valve, Slow drain in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello. My home's Rheem water heater is dripping from the drain valve. It is strange as it seems to sometimes spit out some water and then stop and then occurs again. I have a little plastic bucket to collect the water, probably about 3 cups of water in a 24 hour period. I was doing some...
Replies
Views
For about a year, my shower on a third floor is giving an on off gas smell sometimes after a shower and particularly in the morning not long after the sun rises enough to hit our roof. I usually run some water into my p-trap and the smell goes away after a few minutes. There is a tub right...
Replies
Views
Hi all, grateful for your expertise on the following. DIYer, not pro. Rural property in France Single storey. Septic tank. Late 80s construction with concrete slab subfloor. All of the waste pipes run in the concrete, and exit the property at the chamber as pictured, just outside the building...
Replies
Views
Hi all I had a new bathroom fitted about 4 months ago and all was fine until about a week ago. But now when I turn the lever to run the rain head there is a 30s delay until water starts coming out , very slowly then builds up to the flow I would expect. ( I can hear water running and filling up...
Replies
Views
Hi, I need some help on this shower drain installation. I’m about to install a corner shower kit in my basement bathroom. But I just found out the shower drain is actually extruded from the bottom of the shower base and I have concrete floor with the drain pipe rough in. I have the drain pipe...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock