Search the forum,

Discuss New shower on/off cartridge operating clockwise in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at PlumbersForums.net

So this has Crosswater stumped. I have a 4 way shower valve. When all the knobs are pointing up, everything is off. When I turn 90 degree to the left (anti clockwise) each shower unit turns on (overhead/handled/jets). One seized so, being the lockdown DIY expert that I became, I decided to do this myself. Now the new cartridge, confirmed by CW correct is ON (water flows) at the upright position and then turns OFF when I turn 90 degrees to the left. Is this a faulty part or am I doing something stupidly wrong. I have tried swapping with an existing working cartridge and the new cartridge replicates the same issue no matter where it's screwed in to.

Any ideas please :)

No you have done nothing wrong, it is the wrong hand.

Tempted to say- as it works , just leave it alone!

If you want to, it is usually possible to dismantle the ceramic cartridge and rebuild it to the opposite hand . By which I mean change it to open anti-clockwise instead of clockwise.

Thank you. CR didn’t mention that it needed to be a certain hand and it certainly doesn’t say on the product description!? So how do I get the right hand if product descriptions don’t say! My wife clearly thinks I don’t know what I’m doing and thinks it’s a classic DIY bodge job that it turns in the opposite direction to all the others 😂

Dismantle cartridge, at the bottom are two ceramic discs with openings that either align (shower on) or don’t align ( shower off).

One of them is probably indexed to a fixed position, remove it - rotate it and then replace it.

Rebuild the cartridge.

You should have changed its handedness, if that’s a word?!

You say dismantle cartridge as if I’m hanging up a picture. I thought I did well turning off the water and fitting it myself 🤣 but thank you. Am I dismantling by unscrewing the nut and the bottom of the spindle or am I going from the bottom up!

Reply to New shower on/off cartridge operating clockwise in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new brackets, dismantle that existing one and start again or I could try and re attach via those screws, removing the broken ones from the plate and wall...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock