Search the forum,

Discuss New shower mixer - no cold water in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at PlumbersForums.net

Right, complete amateur alert...

I'm fitting a Bristan recessed thermostatic dual control shower mixer. Have fitted two elsewhere in the house without any issues. Got this one all connected and tested the water...hot is fine, nothing from the cold. When I first turned it on there was sound like it was trying, but absolutely nothing is coming out of it, except it pushes dribbles in the pipe from the previous hot.

Any ideas, please? I'm using 16mm Pex-al-Pex pipe, so was wondering if I've kinked it, but we've blown air through it previously (when labelling the pipes). The pipe is connected to a manifold and the other cold taps are fine.

I wondered about an airlock (there was a bit pssssshhhh noise when I cut the pipe to size - it had a stop end on it previously?) However, I've taken the cold off the shower end and there's water in the pipe.

So I'm thinking it's the shower unit. Might there be a stopper in it of some sort? Is it anything to do with the moveable white ring on the bottom lever (tried just removing it, no difference).

I'm all out of ideas... Please help, I took a day off for this. :(

Cheers

Attachments

• PXL_20211028_150118802.jpg
    PXL_20211028_150118802.jpg
    328.2 KB · Views: 14
  • PXL_20211028_150134949.jpg
    PXL_20211028_150134949.jpg
    319 KB · Views: 17
There is definitely pressurised cold in the pipe, it's not overflow from the hot.
Note to self: turn the manifold off before undoing the nut.

Attachments

• PXL_20211028_151716758.jpg
    PXL_20211028_151716758.jpg
    480.3 KB · Views: 17
I take it from the photo, you’ve undone the nut feeding the shower? If so I’d say either duff valve, or blockage on filter? Daft question, but you have tried selecting just cold? Might you have kinked it further down?

I take it from the photo, you’ve undone the nut feeding the shower? If so I’d say either duff valve, or blockage on filter? Daft question, but you have tried selecting just cold? Might you have kinked it further down?
Thanks. I think you were right. I took the right hand side elbow off and there's a little valve in there. Poked it in with my finger, reconnected everything and it works now! Appreciate your reply.

Reply to New shower mixer - no cold water in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

hello all, happy new year! i hope i have posted this in the right section i have a shower bar mixer. the shower runs luke warm. a quick google search showed some ideas on how to adjust it. i tried adjusting it and it didn't change the temp. when i adjusted it the other way to test the cold...
Replies
Views
Good Afternoon. Just wondering if it would be fine to connect an electric shower to the balanced cold supply from an unvented cylinder. Replacing an old Bath mixer tap with the shower hose built into it. Regards
Replies
Views
hi all i hope you are all well i'm planning to install my shower mixer on Saturday. today i was doing a dry fit and i wanted to show you some photos and questions. i'm using fast fixing brackets. i was wondering what length do i cut the pipe to? also my shower bar mixer has these cone shaped...
Replies
Views
Hi I've seen a previous thread that is closed now regarding this subject but the end result I could not see. Our Shower runs hot for 30 seconds then cold. I have changed the thermostat and it still runs cold after 30 seconds. If we run the hot tap it is better but at best, luke warm. We have a...
Replies
Views
Hello, and thanks for taking the time to read. I'm trying to work out if the idea I have is practical? The water pressure in my newly renovated house (4 bathrooms is tragic). Current set up is: A hot/cold mixer in the main ensuite which is ok as long as you don't run anything else. One electric...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock