Search the forum,

Discuss new rothenburger pipe freezer demo in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

adam84

so i was in the merchants yesterday (plumbase) early doors and the local rothenburger rep came in with their latest portable freezing kit, cant remember the part number of the top of my head but he claimed it was going to revolutionize the pipe freezing market, he then proceded to assemble his demo table consisting of a u shaped 1m length of 15mm on a stand he filled it with water and plugged in the machine. after connecting the freezing clamps to the pipe it took about 5 or so minutes to freeze the pipe, all very good but wait for the best bit... he told us it cost £470! and he said that was a bargain. we tend to use the disposable cans to freeze pipes at work which we dont do very often away, they cost us £15 so to pay for its self we would have to use it 31 times which would take us along time as we dont freeze that often.another down side is that it only freezes upto 22mm which is no good if you need to freeze a 25mm main or 28mm circes,imagine spending £470 on a freezing machine then having to go and buy an aerosol freezer as well! if anyone has any experiance with these machines replys would be appreciated.

I’ve got one of these Rothenburger pipe freezers and for domestic work they are excellent.

Its amazing how much time you can save by freezing when doing rad valve changes, pump valve replacement, zone valves etc. And to honest it pays for itself in the time you save and the hassle you avoid.

I used the rothy one. Thought it was poor and then bought a proper machine which freezes up to 42mm. Cost me £300.

Used it this week to freeze 15mm and it did it in under 10 mins. Its so powerful the ice plug started to travel up the pipe too much, so I had to shut it off.

That Rothy one partially froze a 22mm feed pipe, the slug went and almost had a moment!! If it cost £100 then they'd sell crate loads of em...but totally over priced.

Last edited by a moderator:
Charged a 'hire' fee for mine this week....which is fair as when its done in, I'll have to buy a new one.

Charged £40.

The old man used it the other week, £40.

Do that another 5 odd times and I've broken even!!! Result.

collection, and return = time.
More than £20's worth of time in my opinion.

I used the rothy one. Thought it was poor and then bought a proper machine which freezes up to 42mm. Cost me £300.

Used it this week to freeze 15mm and it did it in under 10 mins. Its so powerful the ice plug started to travel up the pipe too much, so I had to shut it off.

That Rothy one partially froze a 22mm feed pipe, the slug went and almost had a moment!! If it cost £100 then they'd sell crate loads of em...but totally over priced.

freezing upto 42mm would be handy as we do quite a bit of large domestic/light commercial work, what brand is your machine and what suppliers do you get it from Dannypipe?

Mine is a copy of the Freeze Master. Its exactly the same unit, but different branding...can't remember off the top of my head what it says on the side to be honest.

Keep your eyes peeled for them on ebay, there are two versions, you want the bigger one, which comes with two freeze heads, and does larger pipe.

when i asked our local rep (he was doing the same demonstration) about freezing mains pipe or rad tails on sealed systems etc he said oh you shouldnt really use it on water pipes with pressure in them as it might cause the pipe to burst, WHAT IDIOT EMPLOYED YOU TO SELL THESE THINGS, AS IF I WASNT TURNED OFF ENOUGH BY THIS POINT YOU TELL ME THE PRICE. and thats when i walked out the merchants. :)

if your in mac theres a good chance its the same rep as we,r based in stockport, as you say the price is enough to scare anyone off.

have to agree i've got a freez master it's a top bit of kit and get's you out of a lot of hassle draining down ect

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to new rothenburger pipe freezer demo in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock