Search the forum,

Discuss New reliable combi, what would you fit in your own home. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

genguskarn

Hi Forum
After having to call out an engineer (again) over the Christmas period to repair (again) our 6 year old Ideal C28 mini combi boiler. The list of replacement parts are as follows

1. 4 water flowswitches, the plastic housing breaks off
  2. 1 airflow switch
  3. 1 complete PCB
  4. 1 DHW diverting valve repair kit
I have decided the best course of action is to replace the boiler.

If you had the choice of any boiler make (upto 800pounds + installation), what would you fit in your own home for best efficiency, reliability and value for money.

Best Regards

Sean

Vaillant Eco-tec plus 831

edit: just re-read the post,if it has to under ÂŁ800 then Baxi duo-tec

Last edited by a moderator:
Vaillant all day long - easy to use, very reliable and if something does go wrong I have never had a problem getting parts or if under warranty never had a problem getting the direct vaillant lads out to fix fault.

Viessmann, Vaillant, (looking @ ÂŁ1000 for those 2) Alpha as a budget choice.

Hi Forum
After having to call out an engineer (again) over the Christmas period to repair (again) our 6 year old Ideal C28 mini combi boiler. The list of replacement parts are as follows

1. 4 water flowswitches, the plastic housing breaks off
  2. 1 airflow switch
  3. 1 complete PCB
  4. 1 DHW diverting valve repair kit
I have decided the best course of action is to replace the boiler.

If you had the choice of any boiler make (upto 800pounds + installation), what would you fit in your own home for best efficiency, reliability and value for money.

Best Regards

Sean

Anything that is coal fired would be my first choice

Hi
Thanks for your all your replies, I think I will increase my budget to around 1000pounds, what is a reasonable price (labour only) for changing out an old boiler and installing/commissioning the new boiler in same location.

Best regards

Sean

Where do you find does the best rates on intergas and remeha boilers gents. Are you buying online or is your local merchant getting them in for you?

How do you find the cost of them quality, against a comparable WB/Vaillant etc?

just comparing prices now online/ local merchant for 24/18 hre intergas

Local merchant beat online company, delivered tomorrow and will be fitted Wednesday

i'm really pleased I put a Remeha 35c in, I think it was about ÂŁ800 and cost ÂŁ400 or ÂŁ500 to swap out - cash friday job, was meant to be the boss and mate - turned out to be just mate - boss turned up at end to do the gas and commissioning.

Been really reliable for past 2 years and they have a great industrial reputation.

Just to compare with other boilers, weather compensation sensor for an intergas is less than ÂŁ20 trade

Remeha 39c went in my house a few months ago, should have done it sooner....

they are all the same,if you ask me !is all to do with financial said of the choice really ! what can be sold and to who and for how much ÂŁ .

24/18 hre Intergas currently costing me ÂŁ680.00 + flue + vat

Different technology to the wocester and vaillant which are both decent

offering 5 year guarantee soon, how soon I do not know

My local merchant
Or rather My local independent who was 80 quid cheaper than the merchant

Last edited:
is that including fitting kit ? found this one online, as no merchants near me supply intergas yet, looks a good deal ? [DLMURL="http://www.hpwarehouse.co.uk/intergas-combi-compact-hre-2418-condensing-boiler-1978-p.asp"]Intergas Combi Compact HRE 24 18 Condensing Boiler[/DLMURL] ÂŁ586 +ÂŁ42 for kit + ÂŁ48 for flue + 34 del +vat 852.89

only one thing i can find wrong with the intergas(and no i dont believe the ten year bull crap) it has a aluminium silicate heat exchanger just like ideal and wb ............no thanks

My opinion, you my worcester cdi has not flickered in over 4 years. However I'm more a baxi installer, good price cheap parts and good after sale support. You can't ask for more. Maybe a longer warranty! Same goes for blot of the big players.

only one thing i can find wrong with the intergas(and no i dont believe the ten year bull crap) it has a aluminium silicate heat exchanger just like ideal and wb ............no thanks

I was interested in trying one of these out, but after hearing that, to quote Duncan Banatyne "Iam out".

From a trade point of view i'd sell you whatever boiler you wanted but usually talk you round to the usual (quite) reliable suspects.
Personally i would buy the cheapest long warranty boiler i could get.
When it breaks down after the warranty bin it. (but i don't need to worry about install costs)

Any boiler, no matter how cheap or expensive, will do as it says on the tin but things to consider are.

Some are more reliable than others. (google it)
Some have longer warranties (usually requires regular proven services for these)
Some manu's offer better/faster service than others.
Some parts are more readily available than others
Cheap boilers are generally expensive parts/repairs.
They will ALL break down at some point.
They will all have a higher lifetime ownership cost than the old lump of cast you are replacing.
If telly's were as unreliable as boilers there would be a national outcry.

Pay your money take your chance.

Btw.
I have an Ariston ??? system boiler in mine (how embarrassing (not for being an Ariston, i couldn't care less what it was) i can't even remember which one because i've never seen at it since i fitted it).
I got it cheeeeaaap.

images

Intergas heat exchanger has copper pipes running through for heating and hot water the Ali does not come into contact with heating water/ hot water.

I had a meeting with the rep yesterday and they are offering full 5 yr installer warranty subject to going to Bromsgrove for a course (free like viessmann). 10 yr on the H/E

Got a 24/18 combi, vertical flue with lead slate flashing kit, remote fixing kit and outdoor weather comp sensor for ÂŁ832 inc vat

They will have a wireless stat available shortly

Baxi Duo Tec, got one in my house- excellent boiler

I have fitted a lot of Ideal Logic+ boilers, I think these still come with a 5 year guarrantee. Get your installer to check your water main pressure and flow rate, if it is sufficient over 15 litres per minute then go for the 35Kw model.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to New reliable combi, what would you fit in your own home. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock