Search the forum,

Discuss New rad sits out 10mm more than old pipes. Any solution? in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

I'm trying to put in a new rad. But the rad sits about 10mm further from the wall than the old pipes come out of the ground.

I've tried taking away a bit of tile to push the pipes back but they are locked in place.

What I probably need is a copper pipe with a very small, 10mm, bend in it. Would that work?

Have you tried the wall brackets the other way around?

If they won’t line up, yes bending a little set in copper - to keep the valves vertical, is the usual method.
However as this involves altering the pipework below the valves it will require draining down.

Have you tried the wall brackets the other way around?

If they won’t line up, yes bending a little set in copper - to keep the valves vertical, is the usual method.
However as this involves altering the pipework below the valves it will require draining down.
Thanks. I took the ceiling out from below and was able to do a bit of jiggery pokery (technical term) :) and get it sorted. Pain though!

Reply to New rad sits out 10mm more than old pipes. Any solution? in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock