Search the forum,

Discuss New potential issue! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi all me again...
Ok after all the nonsense regarding my boiler tripping out, which hasn't happened since the wiring was sorted out in the junction box and the boiler power lead itself.
I've now woken up to no hot water but lovely heating, I noticed that
1) the pipes out of the cylinder upto the bleed valve , are cold ,after the valve are warm
2) the 3 way valve lever isn't slack anymore it doesn't go past half way.

So the question is , is it an airlock or the 3 way has finally given up, after a week....

I'm done with the thing, new year new system going in.
Was anything other than wiring done
Just replaced the thermostat again, went back to original dial clicker. The 3 way is No longer loose. In fact this morning when I looked after cursing several times I turned the water off and on several times to see if that'd work, there wasn't that usual wurring. I wish I never bothered with these rads now

the lever will only go slack when the valve is getting power.

Oh yeah forgot it’s a three port isn’t it. Was this replaced I forget

Which we are pretty sure was getting a permanent love and is probably burnt out

Not really the point mate. I know you’re frustrated with this but to rewire a potentially damaged three port is stupid on his part

first port of call check the wiring eg your getting voltage when you have your settings and when hot water off your getting voltage where your suppose to

I’m inclined to think the problem is two fold I suspect there is an underlying electrical fault which isn’t obvious and will need a heating engineer confident in testing heating components and voltages to diagnose. In addition I suspect the three port that was there is going to be damaged by the previous poor set up. Don’t give up on the system it’s the engineers I think that are letting you down

first port of call check the wiring eg your getting voltage when you have your settings and when hot water off your getting voltage where your suppose to
I know he was using his voltage tester, lots of beep beeps!. I've got the immersion on for now 2 hours me it goes off!. Is there nothing I can do (without using tools or breaking anything) to manipulate the 3 way to open up to get water flowing?

I’m inclined to think the problem is two fold I suspect there is an underlying electrical fault which isn’t obvious and will need a heating engineer confident in testing heating components and voltages to diagnose. In addition I suspect the three port that was there is going to be damaged by the previous poor set up. Don’t give up on the system it’s the engineers I think that are letting you down
So the 3 way is locked in the CH position.?

Which we are pretty sure was getting a permanent love and is probably burnt out
The second engineer did say the wiring didn't appear right. The boiler hasn't tripped out since , but as you say it appears my main problem is this 3 way.

I know he was using his voltage tester, lots of beep beeps!. I've got the immersion on for now 2 hours me it goes off!. Is there nothing I can do (without using tools or breaking anything) to manipulate the 3 way to open up to get water flowing?
And there lies the problem he was using a volt tester rather than a multimeter. You could maybe take the head off but will probably not be recommended as you’ll probably need to put a screwdriver in the valve head

Read it but there’s not much you can do fella without another engineer. Think you’re just going to have to badger the last guy

Read it but there’s not much you can do fella without another engineer. Think you’re just going to have to badger the last guy
I'll try calling him tomorrow, if no joy guess I'll have to find another engineer in the Berkshire area!

Which of these 2 pipes out of the tank should be cold btw? I know the one at the back is the cold water pipe but what of the other 2, and are either of those valves bleed valve? In case it's trapped air giving me grief?

20181202_210604.jpg

What do you mean cold?? As in mains cold? Call me daft you have tried opening the bleed valve to see if there’s air

Can’t see one to the right of the valve but the bleed valve above the valve is the one you want

I suggest you get the last engineer back mate. He will be busy and difficult to get hold of. But will be worth it in the end.

Reply to New potential issue! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock