Search the forum,

Discuss New plumber - Andy Intro! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Hey guys,

My names Andy. I'm from Surrey. I decided it was time to make a change and take up something new, so I settled on plumbing :). I'm currently working through my 6035-L2 and really enjoying it, although still fairly early on. I'm working towards eventually getting the L3 and NVQ.

I have a lot of friends and family who work in various trades, so hoping that will make my transition from desk job easier. Unfortunately none are dedicated plumbers it seems, so I'd welcome any advise anyone can give about getting real life experience without fear of messing up whilst I'm studying.

Looking forward to hearing from you all soon!

Andy

Hello and welcome

Hi Andy ,Iam new to this forum stuff but it seems to be the way the worlds going.iam also just nearing the end of my 6035 L2,at the age of 53 it’s been a challenge to say the least.

Hi Andy ,Iam new to this forum stuff but it seems to be the way the worlds going.iam also just nearing the end of my 6035 L2,at the age of 53 it’s been a challenge to say the least.

Wishing you guys all the best, I don't think age will be a setback if you are dedicated to your learning. I was in a class myself with a couple of older guys and they were putting my work to shame! Are you planning on going down the self employed route when you finish your studies?

I am 28 years old and i find it very hard to find an apprenticeship as well,the young guys at the age of 16 to something like 18, 19 in my class in college have a great advantage over people like me because apprently if a company takes on a young guy,they can claim like 80% of money back(from government?),but if they take on people like myself,then they can't claim a single penny back.. so when they hear your age,they just get rid of you imediately,its not the right thing to do.. but like someone said that seems to be the way the worlds going.. im more than willing to volunteer in order to get my NVQ but that doesnt seem to work still

Reply to New plumber - Andy Intro! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

60's ranch, with single bathroom. Tile over concrete slab. Toilet is about a foot from exterior brick wall. Vent pipe is in interior wall behind toilet. There's a concrete patio outside the bathroom, that extends about 10 feet from the wall. I'm considering adding an ADU in the back yard, and it...
Replies
Views
We have a gravity fed hot water system in our the house we have just recently moved into. It works fine with the downstairs shower, however we are about to upgrade the upstairs bathroom and are considering installing a shower bath. My concern is that although there is more than sufficient...
Replies
Views
Not sure what my options are here. Basically a friend of mine recommended his father in law to do our plumbing/gas work for our renovation. First job was to install a new boiler, and later install radiators, bathroom, kitchen, etc. The boiler was installed last September but not switched on as...
Replies
Views
Hello, We had an extension built seven years ago. Initially the builders' plumber connected the heating to the house system but this didn't work. The builder got him out again and he created a separate heating circuit from the boiler (ie one circuit for the house, the other for the extension)...
Replies
Views
Hi, Short version: I have about 4" of pipe sticking out of a concrete floor in a cupboard. It makes a 45-degree bend as it exists (bent, not with elbows), the last cm before the open end is pretty much straight, but as a result of the bend it is not perfectly round. I mean it is pretty much...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock