Search the forum,

Discuss New Pipes in Screed or solid floor in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

dholi85

Hi All,

I'm renovating a kitchen and want to re-jig some of the pipe work as they are travelling up the walls and across to make space for fitted cupboards.

I want to do all the labour intensive work to keep the costs down, and let the plumber do all the connection work. So currently The mains water lead pipe runs throught the suspended floor into the kitchen which is a solid floor. I want to re position the stock cock and piping.

Afew question before attempting to dig any trenches.

1) can blue MDPE mains water pipe be barried in concreate?

2) If so, what depth should i dig the trench for the pipework? 450mm-750mm?

3) Also if i want to run hot and cold pipes from the boiler to the bathroom in the solid floor, do these also have to be barried deep, or can they be barried in the screed?

Like i said all the connections, for new pipe work will be done from a qualified plumber I just want to do all the labour intensive work to keep the costs down.

Hi there
run your MDPE within a duct either soil pipe or waste pipe.I would bury at 450mm.
copper pipes in concrete should be in 25mm insulation with any joints soldered rather than compression.I would make sure that there is a min of 50mm screed above.
The above is just my opinion you should ask the plumber you will use.In all honestly what you will save is negligible you should get him to do it all then you know its done right..brum

Obviously cold mains needs burying but the rest of the pipes can easily be fed from above unless its gravity hot water. I don't like burying in concrete if don't have to but sometimes needs must.

personally i think plastic pipe in pipe is the best solution one length no joins and can be replaced without fuss

Apart from steve, the others posting in a Water Regs (Byelaws) forum should perhaps take the training or do a bit of revision before imparting their peals of wisdom!

Sorry guys but come on.

Update: This is what the plumber recommended I do, just wanted to confirm if all is correct?, looking at the comments it looks right?

doesnt need to be in blue plastic normal push fit would do unless your coming in from outside

Apart from steve, the others posting in a Water Regs (Byelaws) forum should perhaps take the training or do a bit of revision before imparting their peals of wisdom!

Sorry guys but come on.

And your point being??..brum

I think that should be okay.
Just go careful, as there'll be a membrane under the sand

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to New Pipes in Screed or solid floor in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock